1991 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Great if you realize what you

1991 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Great if you realize what you're buying
By bigticket42 on

1991 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I had alway wanted a Jeep and I finally bought one. First of all I love mine, but you need to realize what you are buying. These are loud and ride very stiff from the factory. I have the 4 Cylinder and like it because I get 18 - 20 around town. The downfall with the 4 is that it is not fast. I think 75 mph is pushing it on a flat surface so it is not great for going out of town in (although my daughters will drive these when they get their first car) I recommend the soft top, although loud one person can take it down and back on in under 5 minutes. The hardtop is a pain to get off and on and is a multiple person job. If you have both the hardtop is ideal for winter. Mine has been reliable.

You buy these for the ability to take the top off and have a 4X4 and this is perfect for that reason. Tons of accessories are available to personalize. Being able to take the doors off is one of my favorite features. Gas mileage with the 4 cylinder being at 18-20 in town. Go anywhere ability.

Until recently the Jeeps came with terrible wheels (style wise). Gauges in these years of Jeeps are not all that accurate. Needs a center console but I bought an aftermarket one. Better looking bumpers like a tube style bumber would be nice.