Used 1990 Jeep Wrangler S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

1990 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Original Owner
By RetiredArmy

1990 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Owned since new, primary vehicle for first year, then wised up and used as second or third ever since, where it excels as convertible, off-roader, tow vehicle, winter driver, grocery getter; fun, practical, economical to operate and easy to maintain. 17- 20mpg with 5sp/2.5L, stock. Just don't ask it to carry more than two adults, spend hours on the highway or keep you cool in the heat (though its warm enough in the winter). Took it to Turkey & Germany, was right vehicle for first country, wrong for second. Next time will buy hardtop w/AC and get the softtop later.

Favorite Features

Removable top and doors; all weather interior; go anywhere feeling; now classic styling

Suggested Improvements

Nitpicks: needs ABS, locking diff, 20gal tank std (all solved with the Rubicon). Any issues with power solved with 4.0L out in '91. Rock crawling, stick with 2.5L

Will run forever and always gets you home
By Jeepster88

1990 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jeep with 124,000 on it and have done a lot of driving in 23,000 miles; now it reads nearly 150k but still purrs along like new. I lifted mine 6" on 33" Xterrains and have jumped it, swamped it, flooded it, and she still runs great if you change the oil.

Favorite Features

Off road capability, strength, and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

More comforts inside, like comfortable seats, a/c, but other than that none. Maybe lockers and larger tires stock.

This is my dream car
By apzak

1990 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Ever since I got my Wrangler I enjoyed it. Working on it has been very easy, very cheap, and educational. It never left me stranded. For 127,000 miles and a 1990 I'm very impressed with reliability. Thing are holding up very good, and build quality is greater than the previous japanese sports car I drove. That Japanese car had so many rattles and was 8 years newer than my Jeep with 1/4 the miles. I wouldn't change anything about this car. Well, maybe lockers, lift and bigger tires but if it was built perfect from the factory your couldn't have fun working on it and building it the way you want.

Favorite Features

Go anywhere, and very easy to work on. I don't have to pay someone to install a lift, I can do it myself and learn alot. IMO, Most american cars aren't reliable but this one seems more reliable than my previous, newer japanese import (honda). Then again, it isn't a car it's a JEEP!

Suggested Improvements

make them free so I can get a couple more ;)

Won't Burn a Drop of Oil
By cropear

1990 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Had Jeep Since 1994. No Problems at all. Interior is starting to break down due to UV rays and temprature extremes. But starts up every morning.