2016 Jeep Renegade SUV Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Jeep Renegade SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Renegade model:

My Sand Baby
By GVLiving

2016 Jeep Renegade SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Mojave Sand exterior with Bark, Ski Grey and Tangerine interior. Wow! I fell in love with this Jeep at first glance. The 2015's had a lot of bad reviews and problems. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they have worked them out of the 2016 model. So far the only negative is the smaller gas tank, I guess to save weight. This summer with the air conditioning on all the time in Tucson area, I'm consistently getting 24 MPG. Not too bad, not great. However, the fun factor of this car makes up for that in spades. This is the first smart car that understands my voice, makes tele calls, changes channels, etc. with no problem. The navigation system map is so much better than my former 2015 Nissan Rogue (which never understood a word I said). I love sitting up high, lots of headroom, plus big windows. I have always loved Jeep seats and these are no exception. The Nissan seats were very short in depth leaving no support for your legs. The Renegade in long enough it supports my legs to the knees and I'm almost 6 feet tall. The transmission needs a little getting used to but once you get the hang of controlling it, it's fine. So far I'm very happy with this Renegade.

Great "little" vehicle...
By Larry631

2016 Jeep Renegade SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

My title says "little" but at 6'6" I've found my Renegade to be quite roomy. I've had it a little over a month and while the MPG isn't up to the window sticker level, it is acceptable. I find the controls well placed and easy to use. The ambient interior lighting is nice. Engine is peppy enough to get me where I'm going and I haven't experienced any of the transmission shifting issues some other have said are annoying. The removable roof panels are a great feature and the sound system is 1st rate. It is definitely a looker so plan for plenty of questions about the vehicle.

Jeep Renegade Latitude
By Amber

2016 Jeep Renegade SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Very happy with my Jeep. There is a lot of attention to detail and driving down the road it is more unique than the average ride. The tail lights are bright and stick out so it is good reassurance on feeling I will not be rear ended. The Latitude is a lot more quiet than I thought it would be. It handles very well and I look forward to driving it this winter. If I had to point out any downfalls it would be that the transmission takes a few seconds too long to go into first. The head rest is also a bit far forward for my liking.

Love my Dawn of Justice
By Andrew Egan

2016 Jeep Renegade SUV Justice Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

First new car I have bought in over 23 yrs. After making ur deal, be prepared for dealer add ons that can cost as much as $9300.00. The warranty on Jeep is really bad. For the price u pay, u dont get much quality assurance from jeep. The cheaper cars have much better warranties. The jeep rides great, and very comfortable with all the options they have to offer. I still have not used all the options, nor have I learned to use all of them, just one at a time. Even though I am enjoying the ride of the new Jeep, I really was not satisfied with the dealer, and I only had the jeep for 2 weeks, I have no idea if any thing the dealer told me will be backed up, as in 4 free oil changes, and if the warranty is any good, bc I had trouble with warranties before. BTW, there only only 2 features of this jeep I dont like, small but aggravating. Fuel tank panel does not lock, and inside, no room to easily hook up the seat belt. Really, 2 bad designs, but not a major factor

Happy Camper...
By Happy Camper!

2016 Jeep Renegade SUV Sport 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased a Jeep Renegade and absolutely love it! Everything I needed in an SUV is completely in the Jeep. I just use mine for casual use around town and at the beach. It is comfortable, easy to get in and out of and has lots of room for a smaller SUV. Jeep did a bit of "overkill" with the Jeep symbol throughout the vehicle, but it didn't distract me from purchasing it. If your looking for something fun, easy to drive, dependable, then this is for you. Two Thumbs Up!