2015 Jeep Renegade SUV Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Jeep Renegade SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Renegade model:

Worst Vehicle I've Owned
By Marla

2015 Jeep Renegade SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Jeep Renegade is the worst vehicle I've ever owned. I purchased it new in November 2015 and within 10 months, had to get it serviced for four different major issues. I am extremely disappointed in Jeep for producing such a poor quality vehicle. • March 2016 – A “rock” punctured a hole in the air conditioning unit causing the A/C fluid to leak out. This resulted in an $800 repair that was not covered under warranty. I still find it hard to believe that a rock was able to get into this location, especially with enough force to puncture a hole in the A/C unit. I had never even taken this vehicle off road. I believe the part was either defective or damaged when I purchased it.
• April 2016 – The Jeep began making a terrible squealing noise and brought it in for service. I captured an audio file and provided it to the service department. They believed they corrected the issue but the squealing noise continued. I returned the Jeep to the service department yet again. This time, they ended up finding a rock in the rotor area that was causing the issue.
• August 2016 – The Jeep’s power locks failed so it was returned to the service department. The power locks were not working from the key fob or from the door panel and had to be manually locked and unlocked. This is a safety hazard! I made yet another appointment with the service department. They downloaded software upgrades and found that a part for the power locks was bad and needed replacement. I was informed a new part would arrive within 3-5 days. (Note: As of 9/21/16, 36 days later, the part still has not arrived!)
• August 2016 – While I was calling the service department for a status on the ordered part to fix the Jeep’s power locks, I also reported additional issues, as noted below:
(1) The parking brake now automatically sets every time the Jeep is placed into Park. This was not happening prior to the 8/16/16 service and I was not informed about it.
(2) The hood will no longer open. Again, this was not happening prior to the 8/16/16 service. (Note: During the 8/16/16 service, an oil change was also performed.)
(3) The key gets stuck in the ignition after the car is placed into Park and will not release. In order to get the key removed, the vehicle has to be removed from Park and then forcefully placed back into Park.

Great Jeep
By Ernest Doucette

2015 Jeep Renegade SUV Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This is my Second Jeep I had a Patriot Previously, No Problems with that one. I Love this Jeep it has May Features that I never had before. Remote Start. Turning Lights, that light up the way you are turning, Automatic Lights that come on at Dark. Rain Sensing Wipers and many others.

Loving it so far!
By Kizzamin

2015 Jeep Renegade SUV Latitude 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have only had my Renegade for a few days. I have noticed no major issues. Cabin is extremely quiet. The dash display is quite helpful in terms of fuel economy, tire pressure, etc. Fuel economy for me has been good so far. The sound system is a little lackluster as I have the base Lattitude model, would have liked something with a little more thump. Seats are comfy. The ride is surprisingly smooth (it is a Jeep!). I have noticed a lot of complaints about transmission, which I am hoping to avoid with the manual trans. Speaking of, the shifting is very smooth, but the acceleration to me is a little sluggish. But it's not a sports car, it is a Jeep. I have owned several Wranglers in the past and have had no major issues with any of them. I would've purchased another Wrangler, but the prices are a little too steep for me at this time. But, I am a Jeep fan and I have been looking forward to the Renegade since it was announced. I got a great deal on my little Jinx (nickname) so I really can't complain too much.

1st Jeep
By hbarryd

2015 Jeep Renegade SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

It is a Jeep, not a Corvette, not a truck , and not a mini van. I am 6'5" tall and I am very comfortable in the front seat and the back seat. It holds all the cargo my wife and I need to haul and is very reliable. The only complaint I have is I miss my cd player, but I solved that by getting a portable cd player and hooking it up to my radio and 12 volt power supply. This Jeep puts a smile on my face!

Worst car I ever purchased
By kristine

2015 Jeep Renegade SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This is my first time ever writing a review on a car... and this proves how strongly I feel about this car. I was one of the first people on the streets with the vehicle so people would stop me all the time to ask questions on the specs of the car. From the moment I left, I realized how poor the acceleration is... it helps a bit when you put it in manual... but why should we have to? The satellite doesn't work so when I went to Jeep to fix it... they claimed it was an XM radio issue, then XM said nope... so yeah it's jeep. Even the regular radio is fuzzy. The doors were unlocking and locking by themselves, the brakes don't brake firmly and do skid quite a bit, and my brakes already started squeaking only a couple of months after the car was purchased. When I brought my list of concerns to Jeep, they gave me back the car with only the locks being fixed and literally told me, "we are so sorry there is nothing else we can do to help." Long story short... turning in the car today after one year. I have never in my life disliked a car as much as I dislike this one. STAY FAR FAR AWAY.