2016 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Great value for simple, practical 4x4 SUV
By 786mcqueen

2016 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It's not a Jeep in the off-road rock-crawling sense, it's more a Jeep in the simple, inexpensive 4x4 sense. It's amazingly unremarkable in every aspect, but yet it's remarkable in how many aspects are good enough, especially for the price. It's exactly the right size, has decent gas mileage for it's cargo and off-road capacity, and it's comfortable and easy to get in and out of. There's about as much room for those riding in back as there is up front. It's not particularly fun to drive (like the first-generation Liberty was), but it doesn't feel too slow either. What is different about this car is that when you let off the gas it will engine brake and downshift so you -will- slow down, which would be great in the winter (the Suburban I had would coast forever under its own incredible momentum). My Jeep came with A/C but no nav screen, sunroof (not recommended due to leaks), power windows/locks, or remote start. This is deliberate as in every car I or anyone else has ever owned the gizmos are the first thing to break and the last thing to get fixed. Overall I think the layout of the controls and gauges is excellent although I would have liked to see a little bit larger numbers on the speedometer. I love the chunky steering wheel and it's as good or better than any in any other car I've ever driven. The only knob or button that felt cheap to me was the window crank, but even that's not bad. Overall build quality is decent; the hood and fenders are solid but the doors feel a little cheap. Everything inside the car seems fine as can be expected in this price range. I would have liked for it to have had the tow hitch receiver and tow hooks, I would have liked it to have been dark blue (dealers in this area are clearly colorblind as they only order black or grey). The only real bummer about this vehicle is that for a Jeep it has very little aftermarket even though I think it has some good potential.

I Loooove my 2016 Jeep Patriot
By Yolanda

2016 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Jeep years ago and loved the space and the feel of a jeep. And now here I am again! I have exactly what I wanted with space, entertainment and look all in one beautiful Jeep. It handles the road great and if I would have read the reviews first I may have changed my mind but I'm VERY pleased I purchased and then read them. I am one satisfied owner :-)

Impressed where less truly is more!
By SBoggs

2016 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the very base Patriot model from 2016 with manual transmission, manual windows and manual locks. Conversely, it has air conditioning (much needed this summer), bluetooth technology and Sirius XM radio. I have received several compliments from others about the appearance of my new SUV and have been very impressed with its performance thus far. I was able to get a fair price from a dealer that is willing to go the "extra mile" for customer satisfaction. I am a satisfied customer! I have been driving it daily since I bought it in mid-July and have not encountered any of the problems I read about on the web. I also like the extra space in the vehicle by its intentional design. I am very appreciative there is a manufacturer still willing to make an affordable 5 speed manual transmission for an SUV. Well done.

Professional car reviewers are worthless
By Larry

2016 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It's a Jeep. I bought a 2016 and I really like it. I have owned a lot of new cars, I buy them for myself , my wife and my son. If you read the reviews you would think it is a terrible vehicle. But I test drive cars myself and I don't listen to what car snobs have to say. If you option it properly it is an unbelievable value. First, I bought a Sport with Freedom Dive 1 and the 2.4L motor with the 6 speed auto. This trim is not included in the drop down list for some reason. So my final cost was under 17K with discounts and rebates ( before taxes and license)- for a 4WD SUV. The interior is pretty basic but the seats are comfortable and the appearance is nice overall, I love the dash and the gauges. The visibility is great and I feel comfortable maneuvering in traffic. It has Blue tooth, AC , and a year of free satellite radio. Cargo capacity is really good. Steering in well connected and ride is pleasant. The motor is quiet but does transmit some vibration at idle, I don't really mind it as it is a minor issue. My last three cars were a BMW128 convertible, a Chevrolet Volt, and Jetta TDI. I have to say I like this one as much as the others. Apparently I am not alone as they sell a lot of them. As a last note my wife, who leases a new Range Rover Evoque. Drives it every chance she gets -

jeep patriot rocks
By joe knight

2016 Jeep Patriot SUV 75th Anniversary 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

this jeep high 55 I got 36 mpg , no problems on the road , it holds it tight , under 20,000 new 60,000 bumper to bumper , just happy with it. ,,, like an car you get , get in drive it , don't go be what anyone else likes its your new car not there's