2015 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

COMFORTABLE SUV - FUEL ECONOMY NOT SO GREAT
By Dunesmama

2015 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

You'll have lots of room but the gas will get expensive.

16 months & 32,000 miles on our 2015 High Altitude
By George

2015 Jeep Patriot SUV High Altitude Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Over all we love it, not one issue in 32,000 miles. We do tow a pop up camper with it too from time to time with no issues. I only wish that it was bigger & 7 passenger... For the money it was the "poshest" AWD wagon we could find, loaded with very nice leather seating and power goodies & a moonroof. I would certainly buy another one. I do think that a 3 year/ 36,000 mile warranty is a bit lame though, come on FCA... when Hyundai can offer a 100,000 mile warranty, it seems pretty crappy to only offer 3/36K on your cars.

HUGE disappointment! !!!!
By J marie

2015 Jeep Patriot SUV High Altitude Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2015 patriot sport 6 weeks ago with only 4k miles on it . Now I know why. Major engine and transmission problems. It doesn't want to shift properly and doesn't wanna go. I was almost rear ended because the engine started racing, the RPMS were in the danger zone and it didn't want to excellerate, it literally just wanted to stop in the middle of the road . It's in the shop and still waiting for the tech to call me back . Don't feel safe in this vehicle, and now that I Googled the issue I see other people have the same problem !!

Horrible waste of your money
By Andy

2015 Jeep Patriot SUV High Altitude Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Only a month after my fiancé drove it off the lot, she began having major issues. Front end issues, transmission issues and braking issues... took to the dealer 2 times before they would even take it in and look at it. Tie rods were ready to snap off at only 4000 miles! Vehicle does not see the interstate anymore because you can't even get up to 50mph before ramp ends causing a huge safety issues... all problems addressed to jeep (fca us llc) and it was a laughing matter to them... they claim issues arent actual issues and are normal for new vehicles... as an ase certified tech I can diagnose many issues and gave in detail the problems and was still shrugged off. Now in the process of lemon law which now jeep wants to try and make things right after 9 months of constant complaints.Do your research before buying a used one as fca us llc tries to get you to opt out with taking a new vehicle or giving you cash settlement and keep the vehicle so it isn't listed as a lemon which then looses a lot of value at manufacturer expense.

Bang for the buck
By Mark

2015 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my jeep one year ago and put 12000 Miles on it. I was looking for a 4x4 vehicle under $20,000, the jeep patriot was the only new 4wd or awd vehicle I could find. With automatic and air I paid 19K out the door. I live in northern California and dive on dirt roads and in the snow. The jeep has excellent road feel for off road not the feel of a car made for the road with awd. I see the pro reviewers give the patriot low to average score but compare it to a cars that cost 10k more. I give the patriot 5 stars because it just gives the most bang for the buck, sure an awd car that cost 5K more has extra comfort on the road but the Patriot has adequate road comfort and is far superior off road. I have had no problems with the Patriot and my only complaint is the gas tank could be larger. I average about 21mpg and get 26mpg on long trips. If you drive an SUV in a big city the patriot is easy to park in small spaces and has an outstanding turn radius.