Incredible Value
By 1cor118 on
2014 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I have never been a jeep fan, but I wanted a vehicle with decent room, good gas mileage, and inexpensive. I looked at toyota, honda, and others, but prices were too high. Then I read about the patriot here on Edmunds and got interested. I reluctently went to the local dealer and drove one and I was shocked! I selected a 4 cyl with front wheel drive and a 5 spd manual and it drives more like a honda accord than a jeep. It is very basic (A/C is the only option) but I purchased the vehicle brand new for $13,288 including dealer doc fees. (The MSRP was $18,000) My first tank ful of gas I got 30.1 mpg! The Patriot is solid, an incredible value and highly recommended.
Favorite Features
Incredible Gas Mileage 30+ around town driving! The seats sit you up and visibility is excellent. The back seat folds flat and has a lot of space when down. The ride is very nice and the 5 speed is a short throw and easy to shift. The clutch takeup is effortless. My friends can't believe that I purchased it so cheap. Don't listen to those that crtiticize the lack of tech or goodies. This is an excellent, basic transportation vehicle for those who don't want to spend 20,000+
Suggested Improvements
The front wheel drive model is not meant for off-roading. Lower the ride heighth and this would be even better in the handeling department. A little more power would be nice, but you can't beat 30+ around town! Finally, power locks would also be nice...