2014 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

2014 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Don't expect a good company, or product
By gregsnyder on 03/26/15 17:27 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned a 2014 Jeep Patriot for a little over a year and they've reminded me multiple times why I'll never purchase a Jeep again. As a few others have stated, they simply don't stand behind their product. I had an issue with the VIN being manufactured incorrectly where the vehicle wasn't able to be licensed (or legally driven). I've already spent a week without a car, am told it's going to take months to adjust the plate, and Jeep has repeatedly refused to help provide a replacement, or solution. You'll be treated better if you're trying to return a bag of half-eaten food to Wal-Mart, than if you have an issue with your Jeep, and for a $20,000 product, that's completely unacceptable.

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4 (6A)
By sfields89 on 03/05/15 13:58 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my patriot in May of 2014. Every since then, I've been so impressed with my patriot. I'm a college student at Washington State University. It snows a lot in the winter time. This jeep handles great in all types of weather. From school to my home town, Seattle WA, is about a 5 hour drive. My patriot does great on the road and handles hydroplaning, snow, gusts of wind, and carrying heavy loads of my stuff greatly. Has enough space to take a group of friends out on the town, parks basically anywhere in the city, great at U turns, and has enough power to take me back to school in all seasons. The freedrive 1 system works great and is much better than most CUVs on the road.

Do Not Buy A Jeep
By Liz Hamby on 02/27/15 20:40 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought 2 2014 Jeep Patriots last year. Within the first 2000 miles the brakes on both Jeeps starting squealing. The pads were replaced and then the drums. The squealing continued. After multiple service trips, Chrysler basically told me they could not do anything about it. The squealing was "normal" So I now have 2 new cars that squeal every time we put them in reverse and apply the brakes. I will tell everyone I know to not buy a Jeep. They do not stand behind their product and know nothing about customer service.

2.0 CVT Cherry Red
By elvis765 on 11/30/14 18:27 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I do like the car. I am with mixed emotions on the fuel economy as it does better on the hwy. than around town as most any car but the numbers vary greatly. I have only 2k miles to date. I like the style and color of the car. The cvt is fine esp. with the option to use it in manual mode. The brakes are good. I did have to get a minor paint issue fixed by the dealers body shop. The car handles well and everything is located where you need it to be. The seats are some of the best esp for the price but would like lumbar support. Time will tell on reliability since it really is a Hyundai Mitsubishi Dodge engine. I have had an issue with the car hesitating to start about 7 times now.

Great Car, Don't Listen to "Experts"
By jrgibsongirl on 11/13/14 14:36 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Please don't judge this car by the "expert" reviews. I've owned this car for one year and put 14k miles on it. I love it! Gas mileage is as advertised or even better (and that's with a base automatic engine). Interior is simple, but more than adequate. Ride is a little noisy on the highway, but hey, it's a Jeep not a Mercedes. If you're looking for a smaller SUV that's reliable and affordable then I highly recommend you check out the Patriot.

Satisfied Owner
By fordluver on 10/26/14 07:38 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After 1.5 years ownership, we have been very pleased with our 2014 Patriot Sport, 2.4L, 6 speed auto, 2wd. It suits our farm lifestyle fine. Pre purchase research shows the engine to be unrefined, but extremely reliable and trouble free. Paired with the 6 speed auto, it is quieter and has adequate zip for safe driving. It is easy and economical to service if you are a diy'er. Ride and comfort are good. Suspension and road noise are what one would expect on a utility vehicle.....worse than a large touring sedan but completely acceptable. Considering last winter the worst in decades, it handles rain and snow excellent (even 2 wheel drive).

Fun Little SUV
By juice_weasel on 08/04/14 16:24 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

To Jeeps credit they offer one of the few remaining SUVs with a stick shift. All others have gone luxury. I simply cannot stomach paying upwards and beyond 25,000 for a 4-banger (30k for a Outback with a 172hp, 2.5L,seriously?). As a person that prefers that smaller engines.4-cylinder, are mated to a manual this was the only real option in my price range. I purchased it at Elk Grove Jeep where there were 80 units on display. I knew I wanted a patriot and leaning toward a 4x4. From my experience test driving everything on the lot; avoid anything with the automatic, 2.0 or 2.4. Testing the 5M and the 2.4 with the 4WD off was immediately apparent. Torque off the line was strong!

Much better than the reviews
By ttague2005 on 07/02/14 11:29 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2014 manual version, because I understand that small engines and economy come at a price. With the manual transmission, this car has fine acceleration and handling. I live in NE, so the AC was no big deal to do without and I prefer manual windows and locks in the winter. What's left then is a nice comfortable SUV that has traction control, hill assist start, fog lights, cruise control, etc. for $12,900. This is absolutely the best value for the money. In fact, I traded in my 2010 RAV4, because of the litany of problems it had. The amount I owed on the RAV was almost exactly what it cost me for the NEW Patriot with an excellent warranty.

Please with the Patriot
By detroiter313 on 06/29/14 11:07 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought one of these a week ago. My package is known as the Oscar Mike, which is a sub-package of the Latitude. My main goal was to replace my current vehicle with one that my increasingly aged parents can get in and out of better. The previous car was a 2003 Merc Sable. My parents can hop in and out of the car without too much difficulty and for when mom needs a wheelchair, that fits in the back without too much effort.

Surprisingly capable Jeep
By calid on 06/09/14 08:16 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my Patriot. It is true, there are many SUV's to choose from with more flash and flare, but do not let the professional reviews deter you. I bought a fully loaded Patriot Latitude, with the Sun/Sound Group, Bluetooth, Automatic rear view mirror, and the Freedom Drive II off road package for under 23k. It has been a year now and this Patriot has been an absolute joy to own. I bought it to explore and have fun. It has delivered.