2014 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L Latitude
By perfectsound on 03/21/14 06:55 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

First off, don't listen to the harsh reviews. They aren't reasonable. Secondly, this is NOT a Grand Cherokee. The Patriot is a cute little SUV (my first). It has all the comforts that a reasonable person would need, minus the elbow room of a larger vehicle. Secondly...it IS a Jeep...not a Lincoln. If you want a cute little SUV that rides and handles like a Jeep...then this is your car. I, for one, love it. The Latitude has all of the nice bells and whistles such as a nice stereo, hidden USB port for your iPOD, Blue Tooth for your phone, electric windows and door locks, heated seats, etc.

I drink my coffee black, and now drive an American Icon
By mr_doering on 02/02/14 07:08 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first vehicle was a 1965 American Rambler station wagon with three on the tree. The Jeep Patriot is no nonsense SUV that will take me wherever I want to go; moreover, It truly is an all-purpose vehicle without all of the bells and whistles. I have lived from the Caribbean to the Hawaiian islands and every time zone between (except Alaska), and this Jeep Patriot would be an asset in every past and future home; moreover, for its on- or off-road ability. However, in my case why finance stuff that I do not need.

Incredible Value
By 1cor118 on 11/06/13 18:40 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have never been a jeep fan, but I wanted a vehicle with decent room, good gas mileage, and inexpensive. I looked at toyota, honda, and others, but prices were too high. Then I read about the patriot here on Edmunds and got interested. I reluctently went to the local dealer and drove one and I was shocked! I selected a 4 cyl with front wheel drive and a 5 spd manual and it drives more like a honda accord than a jeep. It is very basic (A/C is the only option) but I purchased the vehicle brand new for $13,288 including dealer doc fees. (The MSRP was $18,000) My first tank ful of gas I got 30.1 mpg! The Patriot is solid, an incredible value and highly recommended.

Best Small Suv on the Market
By boar on 09/22/13 01:18 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased our Patriot at the end of August , we bought it for her to drive back and forth to work and around town , she loves it , the handling is excellent , the ride is firm yet forgiving , we have the 2.4 engine and it has the power to get out of its own way and then some , we average 26mpg , its rated at 21/27 we get 24/30 . And yes it is a 4x4 haven't been able to use that feature yet I was told NO 4 wheeling in her jeep lol.

Read customer reviews only! This vehicle is Great!
By patriot13 on 08/11/13 16:15 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After researching many other SUVs, I discovered the Jeep Patriot. I was looking for something that would fit my family of 4 and provide off road capability for outdoor adventures. This SUV is awesome. We took it off road and were able to go pretty much wherever we wanted. Outside of the off road package, the size is perfect for our small family. The vehicle has plenty of room and seats us all comfortably. The gas mileage is great and even though Edmonds complained about the performance of this vehicle, I have not had any problems with performance and do not agree with this part of their review. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Very Surprised and Pleased!!
By sal_the_wop on 08/02/13 13:58 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had a Titan and needed something more practical but cool looking at the same time. I researched numerous cars and became drawn to the Patriot. I got a great deal through the internet (dont go to dealer at 1st anymore, call the fleet sales or go to internet) and went to test drive it and check it out. I ended up being very surprised with the overall experience and purchased a black one. The ride is smooth and the features which came with it are awesome. I have the sun sound package and remote start. Inside is nice as well. Nothing too flashy, but very simple and clean. Im surprised with some of the negative reviews which it received. For the price, this is top of the line

Disregard "expert reviews"
By opm3228 on 07/18/13 10:29 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I disregarded expert reviews and read owner reviews instead on the Jeep Patriot. I'm glad I did. I purchased my 2014 Patriot Sport 4x4 last month after looking at the CRV, RAV4, Escape, and Subaru XV. I'm 6'4' and have more than enough leg and headroom and like the simplicity of the Jeep's interior. Although, most 2014 Patriots come with a new 6-speed auto transmission, I opted for the Freedom Drive 2 package with the CVT. Last weekend, I took a road trip from middle North Carolina to middle Tennessee and back crossing the Appalachian Mountains on steep grades and winding roads. The handling is great, the steering's predictable, and the ride is smooth. Power is sufficient enough to get me up

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Patriot in NJ is:

$276 per month*