2013 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: Some like Jeeps...

2013 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 CVT Automatic)

Some like Jeeps...
By aerospike on

2013 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

and some don't. Reading the reviews mad me think that if I bought this vehicle, the universe would collapse! Then I took a ride in one. The extremely dark-green that it looks black finish is gorgeous, the seams are all tight, build quality is very good. Comfort is no lexus quality, but then again, it if fine for a small SUV. Value? No contest. It's a Jeep. This thing is also a blast to drive. I'll note that a lot of reviewers mus not know how to use a CVT transmission. I've had two of these transmissions now, and so far, my Patriot is getting almost 30 mpg on the highway. We should Learn to use the CVT before declaring it junk.

I'll keep returning to the fun factor every time! Here's a list in no particular order: This has a good radio. I can pick up stations I can't in my other vehicles. Gas mileage. If the reviewer was getting bad gas milage, he might have had a Patriot with a problem, or maybe was not used to a CVT. Size. I like the small. Looks - This is no fancy beauty queen, but it has a charm to it that adds to it's fun factor. The grill and single big headlights are a cool look.

I've only had mine a few weeks, and most of th ethings I would suggest would come at the expense of the other features. More transport room would be nice, but not at the expense of size and weight. Perhaps some extra insulation to cut down on road noise would be a nice addition that wouldn't be at the expense of the features I like.