2013 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Some like Jeeps...
By aerospike on 05/30/13 10:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

and some don't. Reading the reviews mad me think that if I bought this vehicle, the universe would collapse! Then I took a ride in one. The extremely dark-green that it looks black finish is gorgeous, the seams are all tight, build quality is very good. Comfort is no lexus quality, but then again, it if fine for a small SUV. Value? No contest. It's a Jeep. This thing is also a blast to drive. I'll note that a lot of reviewers mus not know how to use a CVT transmission. I've had two of these transmissions now, and so far, my Patriot is getting almost 30 mpg on the highway. We should Learn to use the CVT before declaring it junk.

Go against the flow! Go old school!
By skaad on 05/06/13 22:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Our '03 Jeep Liberty was starting to rack up some repairs and then the real kicker was the 12 mpg continual run to the pump. A new car was easier on the budget. I still wanted a small 4wd C/SUV, but with excellent gas mileage. Looking to a balance my need for good cargo space, ability to carry a fair amount of weight and still be economical, I test drove every one of the Asian built tennis shoe/used soap bar shaped AWD vehicles - especially after reading the reviews of the Jeep Patriot/Compass. I did not even bother with test driving this vehicle. Only the Mazda CX5 came close ($$$ and lack of cargo weight). Finally the Patriot - the reviews are wrong! It rocks! It is a dream to drive.

Patriot
By knobbytires on 02/03/13 15:06 PM (PST)

2013 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I did my research and mostly read negative reviews of this vehicle so I was hesitant in seriously pursing it. I liked the looks of it and didn't need anything to fancy other than the 4x4 option and height adjuster drivers seat which means the Latitude model with heated seats. I do have a Grand Cherokee with the Penstar 6 engine but couldn't afford another one so this vehicle made sense for me. Long story short I did purchase this vehicle and couldn't be happier it is fantastic in the snow and all though you will not win any races off the line the 2.4 liter engine is very capable when needed and I average 23 MPG. The CVT transmission is great it always knows where it needs to be.

Get Your Jeep On
By geargroy on 02/02/13 16:14 PM (PST)

2013 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What does get your Jeep on mean? It means get into a vehicle full of fun and adventure. Fill the Patriot with a ton of fun things and fun people and go on an adventure. Get Your Jeep On and have fun with great fuel economy and on/off road safety and a smooth ride.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Jeep Patriot Suv in VA is:

$143 per month*