Used 2013 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Some like Jeeps...
By aerospike

2013 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

and some don't. Reading the reviews mad me think that if I bought this vehicle, the universe would collapse! Then I took a ride in one. The extremely dark-green that it looks black finish is gorgeous, the seams are all tight, build quality is very good. Comfort is no lexus quality, but then again, it if fine for a small SUV. Value? No contest. It's a Jeep. This thing is also a blast to drive. I'll note that a lot of reviewers mus not know how to use a CVT transmission. I've had two of these transmissions now, and so far, my Patriot is getting almost 30 mpg on the highway. We should Learn to use the CVT before declaring it junk.

I'll keep returning to the fun factor every time! Here's a list in no particular order: This has a good radio. I can pick up stations I can't in my other vehicles. Gas mileage. If the reviewer was getting bad gas milage, he might have had a Patriot with a problem, or maybe was not used to a CVT. Size. I like the small. Looks - This is no fancy beauty queen, but it has a charm to it that adds to it's fun factor. The grill and single big headlights are a cool look.

I've only had mine a few weeks, and most of th ethings I would suggest would come at the expense of the other features. More transport room would be nice, but not at the expense of size and weight. Perhaps some extra insulation to cut down on road noise would be a nice addition that wouldn't be at the expense of the features I like.

Go against the flow! Go old school!
By skaad

2013 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Our '03 Jeep Liberty was starting to rack up some repairs and then the real kicker was the 12 mpg continual run to the pump. A new car was easier on the budget. I still wanted a small 4wd C/SUV, but with excellent gas mileage. Looking to a balance my need for good cargo space, ability to carry a fair amount of weight and still be economical, I test drove every one of the Asian built tennis shoe/used soap bar shaped AWD vehicles - especially after reading the reviews of the Jeep Patriot/Compass. I did not even bother with test driving this vehicle. Only the Mazda CX5 came close ($$$ and lack of cargo weight). Finally the Patriot - the reviews are wrong! It rocks! It is a dream to drive.

1. The autostick - if I need power out of a stoplight or to suck me through a corner it's there! Otherwise I let the computer save me $$ and shift at the best rpms. The computer also learns to predict your needs and can be reset as needed 2. We have the upgraded 9 speakers and u430 radio - awesome! 3. Heated seats 4. It's old school looks - we have the deep cherry red and it is a head turner. Nice to both have a connection to the traditional Jeep looks and not look like every other tennis shoe! 5. Square vehicles can get great gas mileage (the rounded Compass gets the same mpg, only the shell is different) 6. Value - loaded for $5000 less than base Mazda! 7. 22-30 mpg, really! 8. Leg room!

Although I have grown to really like the CVT, it smooth shifting and the timing for economy vs. power takes some getting used to. The 2014, FD1 4x4 and FWD models now have a traditional geared 6 speed transmission. Initially, it does seem perkier, but honestly now that I understand the CVT and autostick, I get just as much power out of it. I'd you do get the CVT, read about it - you will grow to love it with understanding. They also upped the sound damping in the '14. (not really needed). The bucket seats are a little narrow, but better than most.

Patriot
By knobbytires

2013 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I did my research and mostly read negative reviews of this vehicle so I was hesitant in seriously pursing it. I liked the looks of it and didn't need anything to fancy other than the 4x4 option and height adjuster drivers seat which means the Latitude model with heated seats. I do have a Grand Cherokee with the Penstar 6 engine but couldn't afford another one so this vehicle made sense for me. Long story short I did purchase this vehicle and couldn't be happier it is fantastic in the snow and all though you will not win any races off the line the 2.4 liter engine is very capable when needed and I average 23 MPG. The CVT transmission is great it always knows where it needs to be.

Heated seats are awesome, four wheel drive, visibility is excellent, radio and CD player work great, and I like that it doesn't have all the fancy features that I don't really need yet its nicely equipped the way you want it at an affordable price.

Really I am happy just the way it is, but if they wanted to increase the horsepower a bit it couldn't hurt and a 12 volt continuously powered outlet would be helpful so you could charge your accessories without running the vehicle but in all I am very happy with my purchase of this vehicle and truly cant understand the negative reviews but to each their own.

Get Your Jeep On
By geargroy

2013 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What does get your Jeep on mean? It means get into a vehicle full of fun and adventure. Fill the Patriot with a ton of fun things and fun people and go on an adventure. Get Your Jeep On and have fun with great fuel economy and on/off road safety and a smooth ride.