2012 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: Best SUV Deal in the USA

2012 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 CVT Automatic)

Best SUV Deal in the USA
By lameduck9 on

2012 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have 2k miles on my Patriot Sport 4WD CVT and I am very happy with it. Some reviews state that it lacks power. I have no problem with the acceleration but I am no jack rabbit starter. The CVT(tranny) takes a little getting use to but is fine after you do. It is a stick/auto so you can up/down shift it at will through 6 speeds. I get 26mpg highway w/o the A/C, 20 in the city. I don't go 4-wheeling but have gone over rough terrain at camp and it is fine for that. I'm sure it is going to good in the snow in the coming winters. I ended up paying $19.5k after discounts/incentives/bargining the MSRP was $22.5. I recommended this car.

The 2.4 engine is ok at 172HP but if they worked it and boosted it to 190HP I believe everyone would be happy with the proformance. The rear seat could use more padding. It should be more sound proofed from engine & road noise. Shortly after buying the SUV I jack the car up on all four wheels and undercoated it with 6 cans of a good undercoating. This lowered those sounds from coming into the cabin.