2012 Patriot Limited - Better than expected!
By drnhl on
2012 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
Had to replace my totaled Suzuki Equator and the hunt was on. Looked at almost every MFG's smaller SUV and kept coming back to the Jeep. The re-programmed VCT matched up with the 2.4 seems to be a great revision/fit. Always had 6 or 8 cyln engines so was a bit apprehensive but not yet. With only 1600 mi on the Patriot maybe I should wait but just love it. I have all the options with exception of "off-road" pkg. The creature comforts are very welcome, comfortable/ heated seats were key and the nav/sound sys is a plus too. So far no issues with power and feels comfortable to drive. Just remember its a Jeep and if you are a Jeep lover like me take a look at the affordable Patriot.
Favorite Features
So far the leather trimmed heated seats (I have a bad back). The NAV/sound sys exceed my expectations too. Going from a 4.0 6 to a 2.4 4 worried me at first but I have grown to love the trans. and I'm simply fine with power and acceleration. Changed out the factory wheels and stock Firestone Affinity hoops. Nw even better handling.
Suggested Improvements
More driver data on trans. and feature set-ups. Vanity mirrors need lighting, auto-temp system needs some fine tuning, engine noise could be cut down a bit too but nothing severe. More options for controlling sound system due to very basic "bass, treble, L/R & fade" Still learning NAV set up/system and already appears obsolete in areas. System power head dates back at least to 2007 time for a update.