2012 Patriot 4x2 Latitude - Altitude Edition
By bmckeeman on
2012 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
I have been considering purchasing a Patriot since they first came out, and since then they have made tons of improvements! I test drove a 2010 did not like it enough to make the commitment. My last vehicle was an 03 Corolla, so it was quite a change for me. I wanted a car with lots of cargo space and decent mileage, so I looked at some smaller cars like the Fit, Impreza, and XV Crosstrek. I found the Patriot to be the best combo of style, utility, mileage for my tastes. I have wanted a Jeep ever since I was a kid, and the Patriot delivers! I finally chose a White Altitude Edition, which is an amazing color combo! LOVE my Pat!
Favorite Features
Exterior design, utility, its a Jeep! CVT is different, but after the first day I already knew I would like it better than the old 4 speed auto in my Corolla. It is crazy smooth, even though it has the typical CVT "drone" when you merge onto the highway, etc...but not bad at all really. Mileage has been great so far too! About 24 combined, and I drive 80% city. MPGs should improve as the CVT gets broken in. Interior is awesome! Love the layout. Uconnect is pretty good as well. Remote start is the best thing ever to deal with Ohio winters, and heated seats are HOT. Aftermarket availability of parts for Jeeps is great, I have already purchased a few extra add-ons.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the sunroof was not bundled with the Boston Acoustics system. I have always installed my own aftermarket audio solutions, and I dont want to be stuck with an overpriced system just to get a sunroof. View out of the windshield is a little low, so its hard to see traffic lights if you stopped at the line. I have to duck down a bit to see the light, or stay back farther. This isnt necessarily Jeeps fault, but coming from a Corolla the visibility is not as good. Intermitent settings on the wipers are a bit weird. Put in a turbo diesel!
By david314
on 04/18/13 22:38 PM (PDT)

I bought a 2008 and totally regret the investment into mediocrity. Are you there yet? You will get there, at about 100,000 km. It nibbles you penny-less. Transmission, clutch, brakes and brake cylinders, gas caps, horrible suspension components, it is painful to drive in almost all facets. I thought I was getting a Subaru capable off roader with cool jeep styling. Although I like the styling and even don't mind the plastic interior for cleanup, the car isn't half the off roader a Subaru is and not 1/4 what my old chopped 1972 VW Beetle was. If you like going off road sell and get a Liberty or better, go Toyota or something but this car will disappoint. Its a matter of when.