2012 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
2012 Patriot 4x2 Latitude - Altitude Edition
By bmckeeman on 01/12/13 20:11 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have been considering purchasing a Patriot since they first came out, and since then they have made tons of improvements! I test drove a 2010 did not like it enough to make the commitment. My last vehicle was an 03 Corolla, so it was quite a change for me. I wanted a car with lots of cargo space and decent mileage, so I looked at some smaller cars like the Fit, Impreza, and XV Crosstrek. I found the Patriot to be the best combo of style, utility, mileage for my tastes. I have wanted a Jeep ever since I was a kid, and the Patriot delivers! I finally chose a White Altitude Edition, which is an amazing color combo! LOVE my Pat!

Great Vehicle, Excellent Value
By txoutdoors on 12/08/12 07:24 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the Jeep Patriot Sport 2WD with the 2.0L engine. I opted for CVT over the standard 5 speed manual. And I'm in Texas so it had to have A/C. But I chose to go without power locks, power windows, heated mirrors, etc. I've had it for six months now and it's a pleasure to drive and comfortable to travel in. It handles highways well. I've done driving on two-tracks and rough dirt roads on government land and it handled them with ease. The controls are large making them easy to see and use. The windows give you a nice sight picture all the way around and the mirrors give a great view to the back whether going down the road or backing into a garage. Overall, I very happy with my Patriot.

Surprisingly Jeep-like! But...incredibly comfortable.
By wrightonman on 12/03/12 10:25 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I reluctantly and sullenly bought the Patriot over a year ago. With a growing family, full sized dog & insane gas prices, I traded in my Wrangler with resent...the poor Patriot didn't have a chance. I hated it before I even set foot in the Jeep dealership-lol I was 100% wrong. I honestly cannot say anything bad about this vehicle. I really like it! I grew up with a CJ5 as our "family" car, I have no idea how my parents managed that!?! My favorite Jeep product I ever owned was a 1988 Cherokee & the sweet little Patriot comes darn close to that Cherokee in looks and solid feel. Performance is far better, off-roading...well, I'm older now & seldom hit the trails. Great little 4X4Xme.

Best SUV Deal in the USA
By lameduck9 on 11/12/12 06:55 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have 2k miles on my Patriot Sport 4WD CVT and I am very happy with it. Some reviews state that it lacks power. I have no problem with the acceleration but I am no jack rabbit starter. The CVT(tranny) takes a little getting use to but is fine after you do. It is a stick/auto so you can up/down shift it at will through 6 speeds. I get 26mpg highway w/o the A/C, 20 in the city. I don't go 4-wheeling but have gone over rough terrain at camp and it is fine for that. I'm sure it is going to good in the snow in the coming winters. I ended up paying $19.5k after discounts/incentives/bargining the MSRP was $22.5. I recommended this car.

Good, inexpensive 4WD wagon
By x_defector on 09/12/12 11:23 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My Patriot is a 2.4 Latitude 4x4 but with a manual trans and not a CVT (something the Jeep site says shouldn't exist). There is lots to like here: the size is right, the price is low, the feature content is high for the price, the interior is roomy and comfortable, visibility is excellent, its quiet, the seats are great, the ride and handling balance is very good, and the 4WD system works well and has a locking center diff. I love the simplicity of the interior although the materials could be better, but they look long-wearing. Plenty of cargo room in reality. Looks far better than the soap-bar competetion and remains a true 4WD station wagon. For someone like me, a solid choice.

true utility vehicle
By ledwic on 08/25/12 07:56 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Jeep patriot sport 4cyl 2wd. Im in agricultural sales, so I dont drive all highway. I drive pastures, dirt road, highway and city. This Jeep is my office. Its my first Jeep to ever own. Its also my first small car to ever own. I had to buy this for work. I drive a 3/4 ton truck otherwise. The fuel mileage is great (27mpg on average). Bought new for a great price. Have put over 10000 miles on in less than 3 months. It drives great over all kinds of terrain (highway, city, dirt roads, and pasture). It performs like u would hope a Jeep would. For a small SUV it has plenty of room to haul many kinds of items. I am truly surprised to be happy with this car

Like this Patriot
By mbluefootball on 05/22/12 10:27 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I just got a Patriot Latitude at a dealership and am really happy with it. I love that I could get a Jeep for basically less than $20,000 with a ton of equipment. 4 wheel drive is awesome and it handles really well.

jeep, back in the game.
By jeepers20 on 05/06/12 06:56 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

2012 patriot, smooth ride, quiet engine, nice head room , nice cargo space.. a big difference in the jeep line..

2012 Patriot Limited - Better than expected!
By drnhl on 04/12/12 10:26 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Had to replace my totaled Suzuki Equator and the hunt was on. Looked at almost every MFG's smaller SUV and kept coming back to the Jeep. The re-programmed VCT matched up with the 2.4 seems to be a great revision/fit. Always had 6 or 8 cyln engines so was a bit apprehensive but not yet. With only 1600 mi on the Patriot maybe I should wait but just love it. I have all the options with exception of "off-road" pkg. The creature comforts are very welcome, comfortable/ heated seats were key and the nav/sound sys is a plus too. So far no issues with power and feels comfortable to drive. Just remember its a Jeep and if you are a Jeep lover like me take a look at the affordable Patriot.

Better than a Cute 'Ute!
By bondiblue on 04/04/12 05:43 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I didn't do a whole lot of shopping around, but I did know I didn't want a compact crossover that looked just like every other "cute ute" in the sea of SUVs on the road. The Patriot broke that mold and immediately attracted me. The interior redesign in 2011 made a big difference, although it's still not up to par with competition. Rides and handles well. Only real complaint is the noisy engine. Other than that, I love this little Jeep.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Jeep Patriot Suv in VA is:

$127 per month*