Nice Car for the Money
By minime7 on
2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Picked up our new base model Patriot at NW Jeep about a month ago. Bought the cherry pearl with black interior. Very nice paint combo. Nicely laid-out interior. We paid $13,100 for the base model with air conditioning.
Favorite Features
The 2.0 with the manual transmission is a great commuter car. It is fun to drive and roomy inside. Standard radio sounds pretty good and has four big speakers. I got 27.5 MPG on my first tank of mixed driving and 27 on the second. We live up in the hills of Oregon. If it gets 28 MPG or 29 MPG with mixed driving once the engine breaks in, I'll be happy. Our car has manual door locks and windows, which is taking some getting used to. The Patriot can definitely seat 4 adults very comfortably. The cargo space is good sized.
Suggested Improvements
The Patriot could use a little bit bigger gas tank. It only holds 13.6 gallons. Visibility out the back window could be a little better. Make remote entry, auto door locks and windows standard on all models. Overall, happy with purchase.
By goblue07
on 07/10/11 20:24 PM (PDT)

How did you find one for $13,100? Nearly $3K below msrp, and $5K below what most dealers are selling it for. I'm baffled!