2011 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: More Then Just A Refresh!

2011 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

Latitude X 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

More Then Just A Refresh!
By finster5 on

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Driving the 2011 Latitude for 4 weeks. I last looked into the Patriot back in 2007. Kudos to Jeep, because they totally redid this vehicle. Very Pleased. After tax, DMV fees, registration cost came out to 24K. I am getting around 27 mpg. I am sitting in heated leather seats with my smart phone wirelessly streaming phone calls and music through the stereo. New interior and reworked steering wheel w/stereo and cruise controls bring the cabin back into the 2000's as opposed to before when it felt like 1986. Handling/feel on road is tight and nowhere as noisy as previous models. CVT transmission is no problem at all, passing and highway acceleration power is there. More tough car then truck.

Bluetooth and Uconnect features for hands free smart phone calls, SMS text messages and music through stereo. Heated leather seats, and heated sideview mirrors. Fold flat front passenger seat as well as back seats for cargo of long items. 17 inch aluminum wheels. More rugged reworked look and feel of entire interior. Added height to 4x4 models!

I was very picky in waiting for this redesign I really got what I expected. I'm sure people would like a bigger engine but then that defeats the purpose of the model since it will ruin the the gas mileage. People will complain they want better performance from CVT...but it's a Jeep not a Corvette! I guess I would say if they could offer some chrome options to the Latitude trim that would be nice.