Happy Buyer
By rdub1983 on
2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I traded my 2006 Jeep Commander for the 2011 Jeep Patriot. The reason I was trading was a combo of dismal MPG and a longer commute. I saw the advertised MPG for the Patriot and thought I would give it a shot. Just as long as it had 4x4 I was willing to make the power sacrifice for the MPG. We took it for a test drive and I was pleasantly surpised. It did well merging but as other reviewers have stated the CVT is odd slow response to throttle input. This however can be negated if you have the autostick feature, although I am sure that it costs some MPG. That being said I am getting between 22-24 MPG combined city-highway. Overall if you dont expect to have V8 performance you will enjoy it.
Favorite Features
The autostick feature is a plus if you get the CVT, instead of the manual. The MPG is superb 22-24 average for me. The sliding armrest. The CD player that can store music from CDs (6400 songs?) Illuminated cup holders 5 year/100,000 mile warranty on powertrain Overall this is a great buy for a small SUV that actually has the gumption to go off road. Combined with MPG would reccommend for anyone that doesnt expect to get luxury amenities but would like to have a well rounded great MPG vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
I hear that Europe got the CRD version which would be nice to have here in the States, but it probably would have been out of my price range anyway. Parking sensors standard since the Commander comes standard, not really neccessary since it doesnt have the blind spots my Commander had. Radio controls on the steering wheel comes standard in a lot of other brands this would also be nice.