Gets You From A to B
By tezza76 on
2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
Bought this brand new to replace my TL that died. Just had a kid so I decided to get an SUV, but on a limited budget since a new car wasn't planned. Not the smoothest ride (it is a jeep) & not a lot of power. Going uphill is a lot of work & the gas mileage is horrible (15mpg) I'm guessing because of design. Not aerodynamic at all. Cabin is very small. My sedan had more interior room. With a car seat in the back its a tight fit for other passengers when they can actually fit. Cargo area is small so transporting large items is out. Even with seats folded. Tried to move a playhouse & it wouldn't fit through rear opening. Loaded same playhouse into my brother in law's CR-V with ease
Favorite Features
Remote start - great in the summer to start the car with the a/c on before getting in. fold down lift gate speakers. Rear cabin light that pops out to be used as a flashight. 12 volt power outlet - plugged in my baby's bottle warmer on road trips. that really came in handy. Heated seats. Bluetooth. Free one year Sirius Satellite subscription - ended up buying the next year. Timeless Jeep design. Glad we chose this over the Compass. Compass looks old already.
Suggested Improvements
Steering wheel controls for radio need to change. They are confusing. U Connect should be more user friendly. Have to press button on dash to answer/end calls. Should be able to do that from steering wheel. Widening the rear opening to same size as cabin interior. Bad enough that its limited but can't even take advantage of it because the liftgate's frame is not as wide as the interior space.