2011 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: Best Bang for the Buck

2011 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Review

Best Bang for the Buck
By 1992viper on

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded an '06 Dakota 4X4 for the Patriot base model 4X4 CVT to gain gas mileage at a bargain price. I was leery at first of the CVT but find that it is very satisfying (can shift manually as well). The engine is the 2.4L and I have achieved over 32 mpg driving around 67 mph on the hiway. The full sticker was $23,575 including heated seats and mirrors, remote start, Sirius, and all the rest. It says Latitude on the tailgate but it is not the Latitude X. Very functional, fun to drive, good Jeep looks, comfortable, quiet, roomy for its compact size-just a great value! I honestly can't say anything bad about it. Only owned it a month but have over 5000 miles. Very enjoyable miles.

Compact but roomy, comfortable, quiet, and great Jeep looks. Very versatile. Inexpensive by comparison to others. No complaints. Great value! Edmunds review does not do it justice and you can tell by the other reviews posted. Everyone likes theirs too.

The only thing I noticed, and I'm being picky, is the spare tire cover is a bit flimsy and will deform when placing a heavy load on it. I reinforced mine with another layer of stiffer material because I carry a lot of "stuff" like catalogs, samples, etc. You guessed it, I'm in sales. I took the Jeep owner survey and reported my findings accordingly. Maybe they will consider a heavier duty cover in the future. I'd like to see a clean burn turbo diesel engine available as well.