2011 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Keeps getting better
By 58charlie on 10/06/12 18:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude X 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have just past the first year anniversary on my 2011 Patriot. At first I was simply in need of a new vehicle. Moving from a minivan to a jeep was difficult. I needed to get something smaller and affordable. The price was right. We used to own a Cherokee Sport 4X4 and I loved it. The Patriot is close in some respects so I went for it. At first, I was not too impressed. but as time went by I really came to enjoy it. Going on vacation really made me realize how nice it is. It gets good gas mileage, especially on the highway. It handles great and I like the auto stick feature for both manual upshifting and downshifting. I will buy another one when the time comes.

Suba what?
By idbackroads on 10/26/11 09:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude X 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was intent on buying a Forester. I read all the professional reviews, talked to a friend who works for Subaru and even with the looming cost of Subaru oil changes, went to the lot to pick one up. I drove it and was less than impressed. The road noise was more than I expected, the ride felt "Jouncy" there was an irritating plastic on plastic rattle coming from the back and with the CVT it was much slower than I anticipated. My wife suggested we look at a Compass and I ended up buying a Patriot with a 5 speed. My best MPG is 29, it has far more features, rides better and is quieter than the Subaru for $3500 less. So far a perfect fit for Idaho roads including rutted USFS 2 tracks. Happy!

was looking for a used found i could afford a new
By leafman on 05/12/11 14:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude X 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I read all these car mag reviews on the patriot and they play down what a great and fun suv this is. Guess they don't know how to drive a manual tranny, most of their issues are with the patriot being sluggish but I have no problem beating others off the line at a red light and I know an automatic trans is the worse thing you can have on a four cylinder engine. the price was what really sold me got mine (after some price war dealing between two different dealers) for $14000! If your planning to buy a new suv sometime soon I say test drive this baby and try the manual, you'll love it. PS you will get every bit of 29+ mile to the gallon with your manual trans.

Best bang for what you get out of the patriot
By scortia22 on 12/25/10 06:40 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude X 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have was looking for a good car that was good on gas and wasn't expensive. I ecstatic about my 2.4L Latitude FWD because this model standard comes with heated front premium cloth seats, fog lamps, heated outside mirrors. The soft touch interior panels door, dashboard, steering wheel, etc. I traded in my 2008 Mercury Mariner for this because my car insurance and my monthly gas bill went right down OMG I was surprised. Performance wise it hugs the road, especially when I was on the freeway I had to swerve really fast and it was as if I bought an expensive suv with that much handeling awesome job on the 2011 patriot.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Patriot Suv in VA is:

$119 per month*