Used 2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

2011 Jeep Patriot

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Keeps getting better
By 58charlie

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have just past the first year anniversary on my 2011 Patriot. At first I was simply in need of a new vehicle. Moving from a minivan to a jeep was difficult. I needed to get something smaller and affordable. The price was right. We used to own a Cherokee Sport 4X4 and I loved it. The Patriot is close in some respects so I went for it. At first, I was not too impressed. but as time went by I really came to enjoy it. Going on vacation really made me realize how nice it is. It gets good gas mileage, especially on the highway. It handles great and I like the auto stick feature for both manual upshifting and downshifting. I will buy another one when the time comes.

Favorite Features

Auto stick transmission, steering wheel mounted radio controls, remote start, interior design, heated seats, lighted cup holders, center console compartments, 110V AC plug, height adjustable driver seat, and the whole general styling of the exterior.

Suggested Improvements

U connect for cell phone as a standard feature on Lattitude X models.

Suba what?
By idbackroads

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was intent on buying a Forester. I read all the professional reviews, talked to a friend who works for Subaru and even with the looming cost of Subaru oil changes, went to the lot to pick one up. I drove it and was less than impressed. The road noise was more than I expected, the ride felt "Jouncy" there was an irritating plastic on plastic rattle coming from the back and with the CVT it was much slower than I anticipated. My wife suggested we look at a Compass and I ended up buying a Patriot with a 5 speed. My best MPG is 29, it has far more features, rides better and is quieter than the Subaru for $3500 less. So far a perfect fit for Idaho roads including rutted USFS 2 tracks. Happy!

Favorite Features

The Patriot has several nice features including heated seats and voice controlled blue tooth audio not found anywhere near the price point on competing vehicles. The 2.4 mounted to the 5 speed is no sprint car but doesn't leave me wondering if I will ever get up to highway speeds. My fuel mileage so far is acceptable with a best tank of 29 MPG and worst of 24 MPG. The worst MPG was during the maiden voyage into the Idaho back country, I did find a suggested improvement that I will list below, but overall it did better than expected. I have a pickup for the rough stuff but this will get me to any of my favorite fishing holes / trail heads in more comfort, carry my family and use less gas.

Suggested Improvements

While negotiating rough terrain the need for a lower 1st gear in the 5 speed becomes evident. The split between 1st and 2nd isn't enough that having a lower 1st would have that much of a negative effect on drivability while on road and would make off road driving much easier on the clutch and the driver.

was looking for a used found i could afford a new
By leafman

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I read all these car mag reviews on the patriot and they play down what a great and fun suv this is. Guess they don't know how to drive a manual tranny, most of their issues are with the patriot being sluggish but I have no problem beating others off the line at a red light and I know an automatic trans is the worse thing you can have on a four cylinder engine. the price was what really sold me got mine (after some price war dealing between two different dealers) for $14000! If your planning to buy a new suv sometime soon I say test drive this baby and try the manual, you'll love it. PS you will get every bit of 29+ mile to the gallon with your manual trans.

Favorite Features

I really love the cockpit just feels like home. And I can't state it enough "LOVE" the manual transmission. It's so smooth.

Best bang for what you get out of the patriot
By scortia22

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have was looking for a good car that was good on gas and wasn't expensive. I ecstatic about my 2.4L Latitude FWD because this model standard comes with heated front premium cloth seats, fog lamps, heated outside mirrors. The soft touch interior panels door, dashboard, steering wheel, etc. I traded in my 2008 Mercury Mariner for this because my car insurance and my monthly gas bill went right down OMG I was surprised. Performance wise it hugs the road, especially when I was on the freeway I had to swerve really fast and it was as if I bought an expensive suv with that much handeling awesome job on the 2011 patriot.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage brand new isn't great yet because my salesman said I had to drive it 6,000 miles before I received optimum fuel economy ( break in period). The flashlight under to back of the top part of the headliner always good if times come when I cant see anything in the car. Also the spare tire in the inside of the car in the back under a storage lid is awesome now I don't have to fight with the spare tire reel to get under my car.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a tad bit bigger gas tank 12.5 is okay for me but its always nice to get more mileage per tank. Put a compass in the car in all models of the patriot. Lighted vanity mirrors would be nice. Other than that I think the improvements from the earlier models is better, safer and has more style. Good job Jeep.