Used 2011 Jeep Patriot Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Please review nhtsa.gov website...this vechile stalls without warning
By jeeppatriot1

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2011 Jeep Patriot and it stalled on HWY. I have in 30 years never replaced a transmission at 123K miles (HWY miles) I have already replaced my transmission. In addition, each time I have taken it in to get tires rotated and new tires I am told the treads are not "wearing down consistantly" this cause load noise with each rotation, even with new tires the same problem happened. I have replaced sway arm, ball joints, wheel bearing. I live in WI, it's cold, but never had I had a window crack from the cold and I've lived her my whole life. Please if you are looking to purchase this vechile I beg for your saftey go to:nhtsa.gov web site to see saftey problems with this Jeep!

It's a neat dark blue and I like the exterior design.

Do your research before purhasing this vechile; transmission, shutting off, gear sticking, axels, wheel bearings tire treads, shattered windshields saftey issues view at governemnt monitored website at www.nhtsa.gov. If you own this vechile and have any problems, please take take the time to enter this information. You could save a life. In addition, even if you don’t own this vehicle anymore, if you have had work done while you owned it that is recalled, you will get reimbursed your cost. Once your information is entered, that is all you have to do, if it’s recalled you will be contacted. So it benefits the safety of others and yourself.

Second Jeep Patriot
By sonipsok1

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My first Jeep Patriot was a 2007, 2.4L Sport. I thought it was great compared to its replacement, a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. After a few years, no longer impressed with its ride. No problems anywhere else. Once the redesign came out for 2011, I had to go see it. The ride is so much better! The 2007 is like riding in a truck where the 2011 is like driving in a car that handles well, quite, and great features! I bought the Latitude with the 2.0L engine for 20K. I have 21K miles on it now after 1 year, and I'm still impressed with the comfort and value and quality of this Jeep.

Ride, gas mileage, controls on steering wheel, new interior soft touch points

Nice Car for the Money
By minime7

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Picked up our new base model Patriot at NW Jeep about a month ago. Bought the cherry pearl with black interior. Very nice paint combo. Nicely laid-out interior. We paid $13,100 for the base model with air conditioning.

The 2.0 with the manual transmission is a great commuter car. It is fun to drive and roomy inside. Standard radio sounds pretty good and has four big speakers. I got 27.5 MPG on my first tank of mixed driving and 27 on the second. We live up in the hills of Oregon. If it gets 28 MPG or 29 MPG with mixed driving once the engine breaks in, I'll be happy. Our car has manual door locks and windows, which is taking some getting used to. The Patriot can definitely seat 4 adults very comfortably. The cargo space is good sized.

The Patriot could use a little bit bigger gas tank. It only holds 13.6 gallons. Visibility out the back window could be a little better. Make remote entry, auto door locks and windows standard on all models. Overall, happy with purchase.

The best Vehicle for your money
By craigvet

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a RAV4 bought couldn't touch one for less than 16,000 and that was with 45,000 miles. I have found that Toyota run for ever, but their bodies dent easly. I have always viewed Chrystler Products as junk. Hell I got a brand new Patriot for 16K, its a base line automatic (becouse I will not buy a front wheel drive stick). It has a lot of room. I hope its reliable. The last new vehicle I bought was 02 Ranger and it was junk. After owning 7 Fords I ditched them and went Toyota. But Damm I don't want to pay 25k for a new RAV4. I have manual windows and door locks but it came with cruise, radio, and AC that is all the accerories I want. Less stuff to break

The smooth ride, and alot of room. The gas milage is also great. It takes a little getting used to very little road noise to gage speed. It has plenty of HP. Just 20 yrs ago you could get a ford 300ci straight 6 with a 160hp, which only got 17 mph at best.

not any at this time since my vehicle only has 80 miles on it

More fun than a barrel of monkeys
By tr1741

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the money, I just dont think anything can compete with the new 2011 Patriot. I purchased a sport 2WD model with the 2.4l upgrade and power package with a manual 5spd for under $18 grand. Now I understand that I am not going to be off-roading or rock crawling with this vehicle, but as a very nice small hauler and weekend fun machine it fits the bill perfectly. Now I would definitely recommend the manual, because the CVT transmissions really suck the fun out of the vehicle. However the 5spd with the 2.4l is peppy and can easily handle highway merges and quick maneuvers. The vehicle feels competent at speed and never seems to want for power even when overtaking.

The new updated styling really seems to hail back from the good ole Cherokee days. It has that classic Jeep Cherokee shape and the new front just seems more sophisticated than the earlier models. The 5spd manual mated to the 2.4l engine makes for an enjoyable driving experience for those who actually like to row through the gears. The shifts, while a little long, are nice and solid with a little snick at each upshift. The headroom and general interior space is fantastic. Im 6.1 and there is no problem with entry or exit and driving feels great and completely unencumbered.

The back seat could be a bit more ergonomic, but even that is hard to complain about for the price.