2011 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
2011 Latitude 4x4 cvt
By rogatordriver on 09/24/14 20:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2011 Patriot as a program car in the spring of 2012. I have been pretty satisfied until now, it has 83,000 miles and I am replacing the first set of tires. noticed some wear issues and have been informed that it needs left and right front control arms and rear tow links....that's around $500 dollars in parts before labor. I am told this is very common for the Patriot, NAPA says they sell lots of these parts. This is my first Jeep and it may very well be my last. It gets good mileage,24-26.5 mph, it is driven 72 miles a day and babied for mileage. If I were trading vehicles today it would be a very uphill sale for Jeep.

Please review nhtsa.gov website...this vechile stalls without warning
By jeeppatriot1 on 03/25/14 09:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2011 Jeep Patriot and it stalled on HWY. I have in 30 years never replaced a transmission at 123K miles (HWY miles) I have already replaced my transmission. In addition, each time I have taken it in to get tires rotated and new tires I am told the treads are not "wearing down consistantly" this cause load noise with each rotation, even with new tires the same problem happened. I have replaced sway arm, ball joints, wheel bearing. I live in WI, it's cold, but never had I had a window crack from the cold and I've lived her my whole life. Please if you are looking to purchase this vechile I beg for your saftey go to:nhtsa.gov web site to see saftey problems with this Jeep!

Engine overheats
By rstonebrook on 06/08/13 07:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This Jeep is not made for going thru mountains. When still under warranty and 4 different trips, traveling from Phx to Flagstaff AZ to see family in the hot summer, would lose ALL power, coasted to side of road, wait till engine cooled and. nothing they could but but add another raditaor under front bumper, but I had to pay for it $300. My husband is a disabled vet. The V.A. in Prescott az bought a fleet of these jeeps, and the V.A. is not happy. When they had to travel thru mountains to do in home care, overheating, V.A. contacted Chrysler, sorry theres nothing we can about the problem ! 13 gal tank don't get far. V.A. uses different, cars now & bolts to remove, air cleaners!

Was I Surprised
By goobie2 on 01/06/13 13:07 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because it was the cheapest 4x4 with some off road capability on the market. I was not expecting much from Chrysler/Jeep & really didn't want to buy anything from them. I test drove it & was impressed so I bought it. WOW!!! Have I ever been surprised & pleased. I had bought a Honda CRV & a Toyota RAV4 a year earlier & wish I had purchased two Patriots instead. The Patriot has performed better than expected, well under all conditions & is a solid vehicle. The only problem I have had was the transmission overheated, but I blame Jeep & the dealer for not notifying me about a needed update for the CVT. Gas mileage is not great & it is geared low.

Gets You From A to B
By tezza76 on 01/03/13 17:24 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this brand new to replace my TL that died. Just had a kid so I decided to get an SUV, but on a limited budget since a new car wasn't planned. Not the smoothest ride (it is a jeep) & not a lot of power. Going uphill is a lot of work & the gas mileage is horrible (15mpg) I'm guessing because of design. Not aerodynamic at all. Cabin is very small. My sedan had more interior room. With a car seat in the back its a tight fit for other passengers when they can actually fit. Cargo area is small so transporting large items is out. Even with seats folded. Tried to move a playhouse & it wouldn't fit through rear opening. Loaded same playhouse into my brother in law's CR-V with ease

Disappointment
By stud2boat on 12/06/12 17:44 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

What seemed to be a great purchase. Soon turned into quite a different thing!

Keeps getting better
By 58charlie on 10/06/12 18:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have just past the first year anniversary on my 2011 Patriot. At first I was simply in need of a new vehicle. Moving from a minivan to a jeep was difficult. I needed to get something smaller and affordable. The price was right. We used to own a Cherokee Sport 4X4 and I loved it. The Patriot is close in some respects so I went for it. At first, I was not too impressed. but as time went by I really came to enjoy it. Going on vacation really made me realize how nice it is. It gets good gas mileage, especially on the highway. It handles great and I like the auto stick feature for both manual upshifting and downshifting. I will buy another one when the time comes.

Happy after 17 months w/automatic transmission Lattitude
By johnred on 08/15/12 20:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Lattitude w/attitude. Have 22,000 on the odometer. Biggest gripes are small. Interior: Bigger door pockets as in my '02 Liberty would be great Exterior: A swing gate hatch instead of the overhead one. Again, as in the Liberty. I miss having a separate rear widow that opens. Hood has prop rather than struts to hold it up. Guess these result in lower cost. Many, more pluses...Great pep in the four cyl and the constant variable trans is great but noticeable in sound. Very happpy w/the MPG of approx 27 in mixed driving. My '02 Liberty six only 17!. This Jeep moves when I ask it! Passing power with ease. Four speaker sound is fine for the non-audiophile.

Vastly Improved!
By wrightonman on 08/07/12 14:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Due to a growing family, growing dog, growing gas prices, we needed an AFFORDABLE vehicle that was no frills and durable. Our 2004 Wrangler had to go :( The dealership gave me a 2011 "redesigned" Patriot as a loaner vehicle while the Wrangler was being serviced. I couldn't believe it, but I really like this thing! I was always a Jeep snob and dismissed the Patriot anytime someone mentioned the name, I was wrong. It suits our needs perfectly-Thanks Jeep!

Good Car!
By lhlavenka on 07/05/12 17:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife's PT bit the dust & we ended up with a program 2011 Jeep Patriot. Good car. Handles well. and the fuel mileage is great. Two adults and their stuff, we got a low of 28 MPG in the hills of north Arkansas to 32.9 in the flat lands of Illinois and in Kansas. That's with the air on. The transmission takes getting used to but is not a minus after you understand there are no real gears. Want to merge, give the shifted a swat to drop down a bit and GO! Remember it's just a 2.4 not a V8. A great value . This is the the mild mannered 4WD, it's ditch rated not trail rated. Plenty good enough. This is north central Arkansas, hills' twisty roads and a lot of gravel.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Patriot in VA is:

$113 per month*