Used 2011 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

2011 Jeep Patriot

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

No repairs until 97,000.00
By trustyourgut

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Not a peep from my jeep! No dummy lights were on, no noises, no warning. But, suddenly, one day, it was unable to climb the hilly road. Just stopped, right there, in front of a farm, where a lonely adolescent cow greeted me. Transmission is currently being replaced. Thank God the 2011 has a 100,000 miles trans warranty. I no longer trust my jeep.

Like a stick? Here's how to get the best 4x4 value
By TJ Pierce

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The enthusiastic reviews here aren't shills, I can assure you. While the venerable Patriot doesn't much impress the car writers who throw around jargon like "daily driver"-- as if 95 percent of us had anything but -- dollar for dollar, there's still not a better value in a roomy, reliable, adequately powered 4x4 crossover. Here's the total maintenance I've had done in three and a half years: oil changes and fluid top-offs. That's it.

I nervously bought mine in 2012, after Chrysler had already announced the model's demise in 2013. But guess what, they had a problem -- the (2011) re-styled Patriot kept selling far more units each successive year, so I did not end up with an orphan after all. Here are the U.S. sales figures:
2011 - 54,647
2012 - 62,010
2013 - 75,797
2014 - 93,462
2015 - 107,258

It looks as though Fiat may finally replace the Patriot/Compass models next year, but you can still get one now. And with over a million Patriot/Compass/Caliber models -- all essentially the same CUV -- still on the road, parts and maintenance shouldn't be a problem anytime soon.

I wanted the 5-speed manual transmission 4x4 with the nice wheels and manual windows. (Do you REALLY want to skid into an icy body of water with electric windows shorting out, or ride around in the summer ten years from now with malfunctioning seat warmers coming on? Hmmmm? Yeah, the fob-operated locks would be nice but they're only available with the package.) But that configuration was on NO car lot in North America--I looked.

So, here's what I did. Through my credit union's dealer, I ordered the base Sport model--the ONLY one with the 5-speed stick--with the 4x4 option, A/C, and the winter package, which provides the wheel upgrade, engine warmer, rubber floor mats (hey--it's a JEEP!), fog lamps, and tow hooks. Cagey, huh, but don't forget the tow hitch like I somehow did. (I see Latitude model owners all the time who paid for the pricey standard stuff that comes with that model and then saved a few bucks by getting the ugly, small wheels! WTF!?) I paid just under $22,000 to drive it away.

Couple of miscellaneous notes: If you're over 5-10 you may feel cramped--it's a bit narrower than most CUVs and has less head room. And, if you don't need quite as much cargo space (50.8 vs 63.4 cu ft with back seats down), the new Jeep Renegade looks like a sweet buy. I average only about 23mpg, but the thousands I saved over the next lowest-priced 4x4 buys lotsa gasoline.

2011 Latitude 4x4 cvt
By rogatordriver

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2011 Patriot as a program car in the spring of 2012. I have been pretty satisfied until now, it has 83,000 miles and I am replacing the first set of tires. noticed some wear issues and have been informed that it needs left and right front control arms and rear tow links....that's around $500 dollars in parts before labor. I am told this is very common for the Patriot, NAPA says they sell lots of these parts. This is my first Jeep and it may very well be my last. It gets good mileage,24-26.5 mph, it is driven 72 miles a day and babied for mileage. If I were trading vehicles today it would be a very uphill sale for Jeep.

The patriot rides well and is comfortable.

Please review nhtsa.gov website...this vechile stalls without warning
By jeeppatriot1

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2011 Jeep Patriot and it stalled on HWY.
I have in 30 years never replaced a transmission at 123K miles (HWY miles) I have already replaced my transmission.
In addition, each time I have taken it in to get tires rotated and new tires I am told the treads are not "wearing down consistantly" this cause load noise with each rotation, even with new tires the same problem happened.
I have replaced sway arm, ball joints, wheel bearing. I live in WI, it's cold, but never had I had a window crack from the cold and I've lived her my whole life.
Please if you are looking to purchase this vechile I beg for your saftey go to:nhtsa.gov web site to see saftey problems with this Jeep!

It's a neat dark blue and I like the exterior design.

Do your research before purhasing this vechile; transmission, shutting off, gear sticking, axels, wheel bearings tire treads, shattered windshields saftey issues view at governemnt monitored website at www.nhtsa.gov. If you own this vechile and have any problems, please take take the time to enter this information. You could save a life. In addition, even if you don’t own this vehicle anymore, if you have had work done while you owned it that is recalled, you will get reimbursed your cost. Once your information is entered, that is all you have to do, if it’s recalled you will be contacted. So it benefits the safety of others and yourself.

Engine overheats
By rstonebrook

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This Jeep is not made for going thru mountains.
When still under warranty and 4 different trips, traveling from Phx to Flagstaff AZ to see family
in the hot summer,
would lose ALL power, coasted to side of road, wait till engine cooled and. nothing they could but but add another raditaor under front bumper, but I had to pay for it $300.
My husband is a disabled vet.
The V.A. in Prescott az bought a fleet of these jeeps, and the V.A. is not happy.
When they had to travel thru mountains to do in home care, overheating,
V.A. contacted Chrysler,
sorry
theres nothing we can about the problem !
13 gal tank don't get far.
V.A. uses different, cars now & bolts to remove, air cleaners!

None

Larger gas tanks, Clips to remove air cleaner , some models have about 6 bolts to remove cover to get to air cleaner cover. Barrel shape air clean, you have to order and Jiffy Lube don't replace or stock them.