Used 2011 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

2011 Latitude 4x4 cvt
By rogatordriver

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2011 Patriot as a program car in the spring of 2012. I have been pretty satisfied until now, it has 83,000 miles and I am replacing the first set of tires. noticed some wear issues and have been informed that it needs left and right front control arms and rear tow links....that's around $500 dollars in parts before labor. I am told this is very common for the Patriot, NAPA says they sell lots of these parts. This is my first Jeep and it may very well be my last. It gets good mileage,24-26.5 mph, it is driven 72 miles a day and babied for mileage. If I were trading vehicles today it would be a very uphill sale for Jeep.

The patriot rides well and is comfortable.

Please review nhtsa.gov website...this vechile stalls without warning
By jeeppatriot1

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2011 Jeep Patriot and it stalled on HWY. I have in 30 years never replaced a transmission at 123K miles (HWY miles) I have already replaced my transmission. In addition, each time I have taken it in to get tires rotated and new tires I am told the treads are not "wearing down consistantly" this cause load noise with each rotation, even with new tires the same problem happened. I have replaced sway arm, ball joints, wheel bearing. I live in WI, it's cold, but never had I had a window crack from the cold and I've lived her my whole life. Please if you are looking to purchase this vechile I beg for your saftey go to:nhtsa.gov web site to see saftey problems with this Jeep!

It's a neat dark blue and I like the exterior design.

Do your research before purhasing this vechile; transmission, shutting off, gear sticking, axels, wheel bearings tire treads, shattered windshields saftey issues view at governemnt monitored website at www.nhtsa.gov. If you own this vechile and have any problems, please take take the time to enter this information. You could save a life. In addition, even if you don’t own this vehicle anymore, if you have had work done while you owned it that is recalled, you will get reimbursed your cost. Once your information is entered, that is all you have to do, if it’s recalled you will be contacted. So it benefits the safety of others and yourself.

Engine overheats
By rstonebrook

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This Jeep is not made for going thru mountains. When still under warranty and 4 different trips, traveling from Phx to Flagstaff AZ to see family in the hot summer, would lose ALL power, coasted to side of road, wait till engine cooled and. nothing they could but but add another raditaor under front bumper, but I had to pay for it $300. My husband is a disabled vet. The V.A. in Prescott az bought a fleet of these jeeps, and the V.A. is not happy. When they had to travel thru mountains to do in home care, overheating, V.A. contacted Chrysler, sorry theres nothing we can about the problem ! 13 gal tank don't get far. V.A. uses different, cars now & bolts to remove, air cleaners!

None

Larger gas tanks, Clips to remove air cleaner , some models have about 6 bolts to remove cover to get to air cleaner cover. Barrel shape air clean, you have to order and Jiffy Lube don't replace or stock them.

Was I Surprised
By goobie2

2011 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because it was the cheapest 4x4 with some off road capability on the market. I was not expecting much from Chrysler/Jeep & really didn't want to buy anything from them. I test drove it & was impressed so I bought it. WOW!!! Have I ever been surprised & pleased. I had bought a Honda CRV & a Toyota RAV4 a year earlier & wish I had purchased two Patriots instead. The Patriot has performed better than expected, well under all conditions & is a solid vehicle. The only problem I have had was the transmission overheated, but I blame Jeep & the dealer for not notifying me about a needed update for the CVT. Gas mileage is not great & it is geared low.

Great Price!! For off roading it has skid plates, high clearance & approach angles, low gearing, tow hooks, full size spare, you can change from AWD to 4WD. Comfortable ride on road & good handling. Interior control are all easy to understand & easy to reach.

Redesign the rear seat & cargo areas for more space. Visibility out the rear & rear side windows is poor, but all cars are like that now so I don't know what you can do. Maybe buy a real old car.

Gets You From A to B
By tezza76

2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this brand new to replace my TL that died. Just had a kid so I decided to get an SUV, but on a limited budget since a new car wasn't planned. Not the smoothest ride (it is a jeep) & not a lot of power. Going uphill is a lot of work & the gas mileage is horrible (15mpg) I'm guessing because of design. Not aerodynamic at all. Cabin is very small. My sedan had more interior room. With a car seat in the back its a tight fit for other passengers when they can actually fit. Cargo area is small so transporting large items is out. Even with seats folded. Tried to move a playhouse & it wouldn't fit through rear opening. Loaded same playhouse into my brother in law's CR-V with ease

Remote start - great in the summer to start the car with the a/c on before getting in. fold down lift gate speakers. Rear cabin light that pops out to be used as a flashight. 12 volt power outlet - plugged in my baby's bottle warmer on road trips. that really came in handy. Heated seats. Bluetooth. Free one year Sirius Satellite subscription - ended up buying the next year. Timeless Jeep design. Glad we chose this over the Compass. Compass looks old already.

Steering wheel controls for radio need to change. They are confusing. U Connect should be more user friendly. Have to press button on dash to answer/end calls. Should be able to do that from steering wheel. Widening the rear opening to same size as cabin interior. Bad enough that its limited but can't even take advantage of it because the liftgate's frame is not as wide as the interior space.