2010 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: Latitude with Attitude

2010 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

Latitude with Attitude
By Patriot Lover on

2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a 2009 Sentra SR on this great Jeep. So far, I have been very pleased. It feels big and safe, It is quiet and smooth, the engine is a tad noisy when cold, but when up to operating temperature, it's fine. This is my first Jeep and the quality of the interior, paint, and fit/finish is FAR better than the Sentra. The CVT is much better too, the Sentra moaned. I love the ride, ride height, adjustable seat, interior color and wheels. It is a very good-looking vehicle. I think of it more as a wagon than an SUV, MPG was 26 on last trip. I would hope it gets better as the motor breaks in. I enjoy the heated seats, Satellite radio, and Remote start! I hope to have this one a long time!

Remote start and heated seats work well. I love the Sirius radio, 17" wheels and the styling. it looks like a Jeep should. It looks especially good with the Lattitude package, The Light sandstone color is easy to keep, hides dirt! I like seeing a hood in front of me and the thick doors!

The muffler hangs low and is very noticable from rear, I got high temp black paint and sprayed mine, Looks way better than the big shiny muffler did before, a better looking design needed. The MPG is good, but the gas tank is small (under 14 gal). Low range, how about a bigger tank, smaller muffler?
By ktptcruzer
on 02/03/12 14:56 PM (PST)

Update...Still like the Jeep...but had terrible creaking, rattling noise in front end...turns out it was bad control arms...if you have this issue, Call the dealer...It should be a recall. Meanwhile, MPG up to 30 mpg now and have 29K on it. It went back to dealer 12 times before they admitted the control arm issue, It appears to be a Chrysler "secret". If you have the issue...tell them to replace BOTH front Control Arms.