Used 2010 Jeep Patriot Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Love My Patriot
By Lady Di

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was hesitant to buy this model because of the negative reviews. I test drove the Subaru Forrester because it was so highly rated. It was an Ok ride, but it just felt like I was driving a nice car not an SUV. As soon as I got behind the wheel of this Patriot I knew it was the vehicle for me. That is one solid vehicle! Holds the rode well and stops on a dime. I wanted a vehicle that was tough, durable and will get me around in the snow. I found it. I did not get a lot of fancy options because they are not important to me. This is basic model, no frills. It's a Jeep for goodness sake! I got mine for about $21K after rebate. Not a bad price for a 4 wheel drive vehicle IMO.

Favorite Features

On demand 4WD (simple flip of a lever), the power stick (not sure correct name) that allows me to downshift to a lower gear by simply tapping it to the left. Will come in hand this winter decending the hills near my house.

Love this Jeep!
By luvpatriot

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best jeep on the line in my opinion. I've had 3 grand Cherokees in the past and like this one so much better. I was thinking about a Liberty but the price and mpg on the Patriot is so much better. This is one smooth and sweet ride!

Favorite Features

all the extras on the limited edition and definitely the good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

fold down console in the middle of rear seating; automatic light feature

Love my Patriot!
By luvmypatriot

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fave jeep - love it much more than my previous Grand Cherokees. It has everything I want in a SUV- affordable, good gas mileage, and style.

Favorite Features

it's a JEEP!

Suggested Improvements

none so far

I Love my Jeep Patriot!
By jmichaels531

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Jeep Patriot is by far the best automobile purchase I have ever made. For the price, I am getting much more than I paid for the vehicle. The seats are very comfortable; I love the chrome details on the dash and other interior components; the stereo system is top notch, and, contrary to the model review, the engine is quiet and hums along at a steady pace, giving me an unheard of 30 mpg. I was not looking for a large SUV - I wanted better mileage than it would offer - so I am pleased with the cargo space and especially appreciate the rear 60/40 seat split for carting around furniture, snowboards, bikes, and even my Dalmatian.

Favorite Features

The classic Jeep exterior design. The height: I love that I sit a bit high and can survey the road ahead. I love its power to climb my steep driveway in all types of weather. Comfortable seats. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

I would add as standard equipment the retractable cargo security cover to hide valuables when needed.