2010 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Excellent value
By oomnopah on 02/16/11 13:19 PM (PST)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Sport 2.0 L with the 5 speed manual and have had great results. The editors of all the car magazines don't like this car, but they compare it to cars that cost $15K more. This is an excellent working person's car, great mileage in town, and enough engine for highway cruising. In 4th gear it climbs long hills at 55 without any problem. My insurance rate went down by $20 a month because of this car's great safety features. And if you're a big guy like me, it has a lot of room. One caveat, I got the manual transmission because Chrysler seems to have a hard time making a decent automatic transmission, but I like the feel of the manual. One practical vehicle.

For $$$$ you cant beat it!
By 101proof on 01/10/11 06:30 AM (PST)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Patriot new, it is a base model no a/c, no power anything, but I only paid 14K out the door. So for the money I could not be Happier. Great performance (for a 4cyl) even better gas milleage. It may not have the creature comforts but it comes stock with all the safety features that the top models have including the tire pressure monitor and canopy airbags. The best part is it still has a cd player with AUX input for ipod and tinted windows. So once again for the money I challenge anyone to find a better SUV. BUY AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a bad first vehicle but still on the fence...
By nick_b on 01/05/11 10:03 AM (PST)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2.0 lt automatic with CVT and had similar complaints when driving a slow speeds. The transmission does seem to kick when decelerating and re-accelerating around 10-15 MPH. Also, I have less than 10k on it and occasionally have a hesitation when trying to start it up. Cold days around 30-40 degrees seem worst and when parked on any type of hill... The stereo is awesome for the money and the aux input is great to have. Would have appreciated another power outlet but one is alright. Rear suspension is beginning to squeak. The controls for temp are cheap don't always seem to get in the right spot for the setting. For the money, not a bad SUV but feels cheap.

Only family car for tall families < $20K
By fishgutz on 08/05/10 19:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the only family car you will find under $20K, gets 39 MPG highway even though rating is 25, and that fits a 6'3" teenager behind a 5'10" adult. Very impressive response from the 2.4 L and CVT. I like it. So does the wife. It will be her primary vehicle. More room and better fuel economy than our 1999 Cherokee. I would have no problem recommending this to anyone.

"Crash Tested" Patriot
By VA-Nurese on 07/12/10 00:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a new Jeep Patriot in June on 2009. After owing it for only 6 months I was involved in a head on collision with another lager SUV at a combined speed of over 100 mph. My boyfriend and I walked away from the accident with only mild injuries compared to the severity of the accident. My Jeep was totaled, but I think that it preformed remarkably well under the conditions. The EMT's at the crash and my doctor in the ER both said that it was amazing that we were not hurt worse or dead. When all was said and done I purchased another Jeep Patriot to replace my 09' as I felt very safe in this car after our accident. I would recommend the Jeep Patriot to anyone.

I bought a LEMON!
By Kansas on 07/08/10 12:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Patriot has been in the shop 9 times since purchased just 6 months ago. Everything from malfunctioning wipers, washers, fuel gauge, flashing Traction Control light, loose half shaft, missing brake caliper bolts, faulty motor mounts, rusted door hinge, and now have "hiss" when I go over bumps (sounds like air leak?) and brakes squeal in reverse. I am fed up! Hope to return this and buy something else - not another Patriot!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Jeep Patriot Suv in VA is:

$138 per month*