2010 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Greatest little SUV that'll save your life
By desi_o on 06/15/12 22:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport Fleet 4dr SUV w/Prod. End 04/10 (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Beautiful modern design in & out but quality of materials very cheap & features very basic, the bumpers can't take a hit for nothing. As a teen I shoved multiple friends in this car & took many road trips racking up 65k miles in 2 yrs still it performed amazingly, the seats are pretty comfortable especially the back seats & it has an amazing standard sound system! I ultimately had a tire blowout, due to negligence, at 60mph on a slippery, empty highway & crashed 3 times very hard totaling my baby but noone in the car even had whiplash due to the active head-restraints that activate during a crash. Besides a rust problem with the driver door & trunk door hinge this car was a great first!

Worth Every Penny
By the_jeep_now on 03/13/11 18:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Patriot new. It came w/ CVT which takes some time to get used to, but once you manage it, it's a great feature. I liked the selection of trims. You can get bone stock w/ no AC to a fully loaded Limited. I picked a package that fit my needs which includes power locks, mirrors, windows, AC and cruise control. Folding rear and passenger seats provide tons of space to carry oversized items. It has best fuel economy in its class. Depending on the trim you choose, you can get 30+ mpg hwy. Great vehicle for any outdoor adventures! However, it is known for weak/cheap front suspension components which go bad at around 40k+ miles and water leaks. For more info check out jeeppatriot forum.

Excellent value
By oomnopah on 02/16/11 13:19 PM (PST)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Sport 2.0 L with the 5 speed manual and have had great results. The editors of all the car magazines don't like this car, but they compare it to cars that cost $15K more. This is an excellent working person's car, great mileage in town, and enough engine for highway cruising. In 4th gear it climbs long hills at 55 without any problem. My insurance rate went down by $20 a month because of this car's great safety features. And if you're a big guy like me, it has a lot of room. One caveat, I got the manual transmission because Chrysler seems to have a hard time making a decent automatic transmission, but I like the feel of the manual. One practical vehicle.

For $$$$ you cant beat it!
By 101proof on 01/10/11 06:30 AM (PST)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Patriot new, it is a base model no a/c, no power anything, but I only paid 14K out the door. So for the money I could not be Happier. Great performance (for a 4cyl) even better gas milleage. It may not have the creature comforts but it comes stock with all the safety features that the top models have including the tire pressure monitor and canopy airbags. The best part is it still has a cd player with AUX input for ipod and tinted windows. So once again for the money I challenge anyone to find a better SUV. BUY AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a bad first vehicle but still on the fence...
By nick_b on 01/05/11 10:03 AM (PST)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2.0 lt automatic with CVT and had similar complaints when driving a slow speeds. The transmission does seem to kick when decelerating and re-accelerating around 10-15 MPH. Also, I have less than 10k on it and occasionally have a hesitation when trying to start it up. Cold days around 30-40 degrees seem worst and when parked on any type of hill... The stereo is awesome for the money and the aux input is great to have. Would have appreciated another power outlet but one is alright. Rear suspension is beginning to squeak. The controls for temp are cheap don't always seem to get in the right spot for the setting. For the money, not a bad SUV but feels cheap.

all i ask
By dave1399 on 12/11/10 22:43 PM (PST)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i have owned 2 cherokees before this. i was ready for an updated version of what i had. i needed 4x4. when this became available i was ready to buy.the gas milage is right.as we know jeep doesn't make a "4 door sedan" i went in asking for the vehicle i expected and i promise this is it. the quirky things you might hear about this car are not quirks at all. it is a pretty sofisticated enginering marvel... my jeep is a 4 letter word , love.

Piece of Junk
By kangrapes on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have never been so sorry I purchased a vehicle before. I've owned dozens of vehicles but this is the worst. I test drove it warmed up and in the summer. When it is cold the CVT transmission jerks, and the engine sounds like my lawn tractor. Interior is cheap and is starting to makes numerous squeaks. Chrysler basically told me,(paraphrasing) that "we know that we cut some corners but we will fix it in future model years". My recommendation get something else.

Latitude with Attitude
By Patriot Lover on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a 2009 Sentra SR on this great Jeep. So far, I have been very pleased. It feels big and safe, It is quiet and smooth, the engine is a tad noisy when cold, but when up to operating temperature, it's fine. This is my first Jeep and the quality of the interior, paint, and fit/finish is FAR better than the Sentra. The CVT is much better too, the Sentra moaned. I love the ride, ride height, adjustable seat, interior color and wheels. It is a very good-looking vehicle. I think of it more as a wagon than an SUV, MPG was 26 on last trip. I would hope it gets better as the motor breaks in. I enjoy the heated seats, Satellite radio, and Remote start! I hope to have this one a long time!

Lil Jeepster
By willy d on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I went looking for a small, 4wd SUV. On line shopping and reviews are quite helpful, unless they are strongly opinionated, then I just gloss over the review. When comparing equipment on others in this class, nothing comes close for cost verses content. The sport model with the $5000 latitude package stickered at $23,500. Less rebates etc. (and this gives you everything from heated seats to remote start. Overall very satisfied, 2.4 with the CVT trans is getting 20 mpg in town/27 highway. Buld quality/ paint and all seem very good. Engine can sound noisy, not at cruising speed tho, so it does not annoy me. Fast, nope, not bought for speed, but tap shift to highway speeds are no problem.

Test while cold
By Jeepman on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The patriot is inexpensive but you get what you pay for. The CVT has a horrible jerk, so-called engine braking, at low speed, and the four cylinder sounds like a diesel until it gets warmed up. Jeep says the jerking is "normal" and they are not working on fix. Good cheap transportation but don't expect a refined ride.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Jeep Patriot Suv in VA is:

$138 per month*