2009 Jeep Patriot 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - What a Surprise

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Review

What a Surprise
By sanpedrodave on

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Jeep Patriot with the World 2.0 liter engine and I am very surprised at the performance of this small engine. This little engine packs 158 horses and Chrysler has slapped a lifetime warranty on the power train. Yes, you heard me right, a life time warranty! The body looks and feels solid and has the traditional Jeep line, although not as sexy looking as the Compass. My only complaint is not having the back hatch window open separately in order to load my lumber from the home improvement stores. Lastly this SUV came with a lot of standard such as electronic tilt control, 4 air bag, security key, and many other features. I was proud to buy American on this one. Good Luck Jeep!

Favorite Features

Engine response, environmental control location, the cool CD/Radio with minijack for the pods. The sweet sounding stock speakers.

Suggested Improvements

Splitting the back hatch to include dropping window down would have been great. Rear view mirror limits what in the rear. Improve the muffler and exhaust to dampen sound of the 2.0 liter engine.