Very Happy so far
By Jean on
2009 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I have been buying Toyota's for many years now. This is my first American car. I have test drove a few other SUV before buying this jeep. I tested the Volkswagen Tiguan, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Mitsubishi Outlander and the Suburu Forester. All theses SUV have great 4x4's. The Honda element and CRV have weak 4x4 system and the RAV4 is too narrow inside for my big stature. So it came down to the Outlander and the Jeep. Well it turn out that the Outlander and the Patriot have the same CVT transmission and motor (2.4l)called the "World Motor" design by Chrysler/Mitsubishi and Hyundai. I decided on the Jeep because handle bump's a little better I tough than the Outlander. More quiet inside too.
Favorite Features
Nice soft ride, quiet ride. I love the interior design. I fell like I'm driving a 50k SUV. 4x4 work's great going up steep hills made up of gravel pulling a loaded trailer(1000Pds). Snow should be a pleasant experience. Love the MyGig radio. More equipment for the $ compared to the Outlander.
Suggested Improvements
More storage for stuff, Swap the speedo/RPM so that the speedo is directly in front of the driver. I drive with my left arm most of the time and it block the speedo. Also, the speedo make's it hard to tell exactly on fast I am going...the numbers are too tightly put together. More bottom torque.