Pretty solid, Good bang for your buck.
By Luganathan on
2009 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I did a lot of research before making my purchase, my previous vehicle was a subaru forester which gave me all kinds of problems. The Patriot is an upgrade from my forester. Much more comfortable, similar engine speed and highway performance. Love the sound and sunroof options. Nice getting a free year of sirus radio. This vehicle brand new cost me $4k less than the new forester I was looking at and the Patriot has more options. Love the real 4x4 as opposed to awd all the time. Also, in my day I have drivin foresters, crv's, rav-4's and Honda element, all competitors and 4 cyl engines. I can tell you the Patriot has just as much get up as the others with a much better 4x4 system.
Favorite Features
Sound (9 speakers), sunroof, love the leather heated seats, very comfortable. Great for city driving, not too bad on the highway for a 4 cyl. Very good 4x4 system. Tons of safety features. Love the 17" wheels.
Suggested Improvements
Better armrest, which they would make all patriots with 9" of ground clearance, not just the trail rated ones. Gas mileage could be a little better. I am averaging 23 highway and 20 city. Not too bad for a 4x4.