Patriot Driving A Patriot
By Patriot in a Patriot on
2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
The Patriot is a more than welcome addition to the family. Coming from a Mitsubishi Ralliart Lancer it was different getting used the increase in size. I like how sturdy the Patriot feels as compared to its competitors. You really get the feeling that you are on the road. It does not have a lot of pick up and go, but you will up to cruise speed before you know it. I feel really comfortable driving it as the driver's seat can go all the way back and really low. The second my wife goes to drive it she will bring the seat up raise the level so she can see over the hood. The economy so far, seems to be fair for its size. The stock radio has a ton of features, it can play DVDs that have MP3s.
Favorite Features
I love that little re-chargable flash lite in the back. Again the REQ stock radio is great. I had to read the manual to dig a little deeper on the radio to learn all of its capabilities. The 17" wheels also compliment the exterior design nicely. Good job Jeep!
Suggested Improvements
As usual many people always say that Chrysler Jeep need to invest more in the dash and trim. It does not seem to me that they spend enough time on design. Layout is good, but materials and quality need improving. No more cheap plastic please. Try using a little more leather and piano black finish.