ok so far
By gisco48 on
2009 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I have a tendency get into the gas a little. I'm not sure the cvt can take it. After a few quick starts, I could smell rubber burning. Fortunately, guarantee is lifetime. I've backed off the gas lately, afraid to kill this tranny in a few months. I would like to hear from other's that hit the gas a little, and have the Patriot with the cvt.
Suggested Improvements
We'll see how this tranny holds up to a driver that needs fast acceleration for turnpike mergers and getting fast takeoff at red lights.
By patty0011
on 03/20/11 19:00 PM (PDT)

I have had my Jeep Patriot for 7 months and had an occuring problem. It only happens occasionally, and of course never when I take into the dealership. Often while waiting at a traffic light and waiting for the green light, my motor has a hesitation. "Meaning when I am at the light, foot on the break, the motor makes a noise and jumps like it is cutting off." I have to literally put the vehicle in park and wait for the light to turn, then put it in drive to go. Has anyone had this problem or know what it can be, because the dealerships answer to this problem is for one of their mechanics to drive it until it gives them the same reaction. Meanwhile leaving me with no ride because as I said it is an occasional problem.