I love my Patriot
By Michael in MT on
2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I traded in my 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland on this Patriot. I love the old Jeep but, the gas mileage was killing me so I was looking for a smaller SUV. I get 27mpg reliably on the highway and I occasionally get as high as 30mpg on the highway. My Patriot is fun to drive and feels solid on and off road. Wintery drivng is a pleasure with this Jeep - it actually is more effective in snow than my Grand Cherokee. I love the looks of my Jeep, I feel like I am driving a Jeep and not a minivan - like some of the other smaller SUV's in the same class. I only with that the interior was a bit more refined, though, it is a Jeep afterall and the interior suits the vehicle's heritage and purpose.
Favorite Features
The many safety features, I like the CVT now that I am used to it and the excellent gas mileage. The Patriot has plenty of pickup - it will climb all of the MT mountain passes 80mph with little effort.
Suggested Improvements
A more refined interior would be preferred. Some additional sound insulation would also be beneficial. The engine runs great and has plenty of pep but it can be a bit noisy when it is laboring .