2009 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: Frustrated!!!

2009 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

By jstacy0320 on

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Patriot for almost two years and am extremely aggravated. After having it for three months I started to experience trouble. I would be sitting at a stoplight waiting for it to change green and the car would start to sputter and act like it was going to die. Several times it did actually die. I took it to the dealership and was told that I had trash in the gas tank and it wasn't covered under warranty. Paid close to $300 for that and continue to have the same problem. I also have problems with the sunroof leaking. I've had it in the shop three times for that problem and continue to have issues. Probably going to file Lemon law because of all the issues.

Look and feel of vehicle. Comfortable and fun to drive.

Fix whatever issue is going on in the motor causing it to stall and die and redesign the sunroof so that it doesn't leak every time it rains hard.
By nattles
on 04/05/11 08:51 AM (PDT)

I drive a 2009 Jeep Patriot, also stalls out and the dealership and Crysler have been 'on it', and can't find a resolution (they say it doesn't register any fault code on the computer and nothing is wrong with the car). I had a data recorder installed in the car for a few weeks, but of course it didn't act up while the data recorder was in, and then the dealership needed it back so they took it out. A few months later it stalled again. I worry that I'll one day get hurt if the car stalls out on my in a dangerous situation. One time it stalled on a major highway in rush hour traffic, and I couldn't even pull over. Let me know if you find resolution to this issue.

By jaelove
on 02/07/12 10:45 AM (PST)

I am also experiencing the same issues and have had no luck resolving the problem but guess what you can do to get Chrysler to look into the issue. Call Chrysler and make a complaint on the issue also provide your vin number and make sure no recalls are registered on your vehicle, second call the traffic safety administration hotline and report the problem. They will create a case and investigate it further. The Chrysler number is 800-853-1403 and the traffic hotline number is 888-327-4236. There might be a defective part that may need to be recalled but unless it gets reported they will not look into the issue. Hope this works for all of us, I have already reported my problem.

By jeepers21
on 12/13/14 07:57 AM (PST)

I had the exact same problems with my '09 jeep. It kept stalling out every time i went to drive and a few times when i got it going it stalled out while driving. There is no recall for this issue, Ive already checked. I had my jeep in the shop for a month before the mechanic, who fixed the throttle body, and cam sensor before he finally figured out it was a computer issue that he could not fix because only Chrysler could fix it. Have the dealer check the computer (PCM). My jeep was in the Jeep shop for one day and they fixed it with ease after i was able to tell them that it was not the Throttle body or the cam sensor so they were able to go straight to the source of the problem, the PCM. There is hope though, once they fixed the PCM my jeep has run fine.