Frustrated!!!
By jstacy0320 on
2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I have had my Patriot for almost two years and am extremely aggravated. After having it for three months I started to experience trouble. I would be sitting at a stoplight waiting for it to change green and the car would start to sputter and act like it was going to die. Several times it did actually die. I took it to the dealership and was told that I had trash in the gas tank and it wasn't covered under warranty. Paid close to $300 for that and continue to have the same problem. I also have problems with the sunroof leaking. I've had it in the shop three times for that problem and continue to have issues. Probably going to file Lemon law because of all the issues.
Favorite Features
Look and feel of vehicle. Comfortable and fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Fix whatever issue is going on in the motor causing it to stall and die and redesign the sunroof so that it doesn't leak every time it rains hard.
By jaelove
on 02/07/12 10:45 AM (PST)

I am also experiencing the same issues and have had no luck resolving the problem but guess what you can do to get Chrysler to look into the issue. Call Chrysler and make a complaint on the issue also provide your vin number and make sure no recalls are registered on your vehicle, second call the traffic safety administration hotline and report the problem. They will create a case and investigate it further. The Chrysler number is 800-853-1403 and the traffic hotline number is 888-327-4236. There might be a defective part that may need to be recalled but unless it gets reported they will not look into the issue. Hope this works for all of us, I have already reported my problem.

By nattles
on 04/05/11 08:51 AM (PDT)

I drive a 2009 Jeep Patriot, also stalls out and the dealership and Crysler have been 'on it', and can't find a resolution (they say it doesn't register any fault code on the computer and nothing is wrong with the car). I had a data recorder installed in the car for a few weeks, but of course it didn't act up while the data recorder was in, and then the dealership needed it back so they took it out. A few months later it stalled again. I worry that I'll one day get hurt if the car stalls out on my in a dangerous situation. One time it stalled on a major highway in rush hour traffic, and I couldn't even pull over. Let me know if you find resolution to this issue.