2009 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Review

BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!
By xerxes27 on

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new. It has been very gently driven, never off road, never in an accident and well maintained. I was very happy with it until it recently began making creaking noises. The dealer has informed me my 4 1/2 year old car with 72,000 miles needs struts, mounts, sway bar links, lower control arms, ball joints, rear toe links, and a front end alignment. Their estimate is $2090!!! The suspension should have lasted longer than this. I am heartbroken. This will be the last American made vehicle I own.

None anymore.

Service manager stated these are common issues for this year model. Upon doing internet research, this is indeed true. He stated his wife had a Patriot that needed this work done at 50,000 miles so I should be grateful mine lasted longer. He even had the audacity to suggest I take a look at the 2011 or newer models as they had addressed the problems that my vehicle has!!! Why would I ever consider buying another Jeep when this one has let me down so severely? He could not come up with an answer to that question.