2009 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: Awesome Little SUV

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Review

Awesome Little SUV
By JDA on

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I just had a baby and realized that my car just wasn't big enough anymore. I didn't want a gas guzzler, so we test drove this Patriot. Chrysler's current incentives (employee price, cash back 0% APR) couldn't be beat. I really enjoyed the test drive and after about a month it has performed great. I've gotten about 24 MPG in mixed driving with the CVT. It just takes a little getting used to. It handles great and is so much easier to park than my sedan did. The new interior looks much better than the previous models did. The soft plastics feel good and don't shock me the way having cloth everyone tends to.

The A/C is awesome. The round vents are easy to position and close, and at max it feels like a frigid hurricane. The anti-static/stain resistant upholstery is a wonderful feature with the Sport "E" package, so is the 115 volt ac plug. This LOOKS like and SUV, not a cute "crossover."

The driver side blind spot is pretty big. The cargo area could be a bit bigger.