2009 Jeep Patriot 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Aggravated and disappointed!

2009 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

2009 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Aggravated and disappointed!
By patty0011 on

2009 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Jeep Patriot for 7 months and had an occuring problem. It only happens occasionally, and of course never when I take into the dealership. Often while waiting at a traffic light for the green light, my motor has a hesitation. "Meaning when I am at the light, foot on the break, the motor makes a noise and jumps like it is cutting off." I have to literally put the vehicle in park and wait for the light to turn, then put it in drive to go. Has anyone had this problem or know what it can be?

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, and power seats.
By nattles
on 04/05/11 08:54 AM (PDT)

I drive a 2009 Jeep Patriot, also stalls out and the dealership and Crysler have been 'on it', and can't find a resolution (they say it doesn't register any fault code on the computer and nothing is wrong with the car). I had a data recorder installed in the car for a few weeks, but of course it didn't act up while the data recorder was in, and then the dealership needed it back so they took it out. A few months later it stalled again. I worry that I'll one day get hurt if the car stalls out on my in a dangerous situation. One time it stalled on a major highway in rush hour traffic, and I couldn't even pull over. Let me know if you find resolution to this issue.

By jaelove
on 02/07/12 10:18 AM (PST)

I have had the car now for 3 months and I am having the same problem. It chokes up when I am at a stop light so I have to put it on Neutral and then drive when the light turns. I bought a automatic car and I feel like I am driving stick. No one can seem to figure out the problem and it is really aggravating me. I called Chrysler and try to see if any recalls where done on the vehicle but none were registered. I did however report the problem to the chrysler corp and asked the rep to please have someone look into this issue. I suggest that you guys do the same and report it to Chrysler at 1-800 853-1403. They will ask for your vin number so make sure you have your insurance card with you.

By jstacy0320
on 03/29/11 07:34 AM (PDT)

I have had the same problem with my Jeep. I purchased it in 2009 and after only three months of having it, I started having this problem. I took it to the dealership and they told me that I had trash in my gas tank and that that was not covered under warranty. I paid close to $300 for these services and continue to have the same problem to this day. Very aggravated. I've also had problems with the sunroof leaking and have had it in the shop three times for that issue. Thinking about filing Lemon Law because of all the problems I've had.