9 month update
By Luganathan on
2009 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
Have now owned my Patriot for nine months. This vehicle is better than expected. Drives much better than my previous vehicle with was a Forester. The new interior design on the 09 really makes you feel like your driving a luxury crossover. Once you learn how to drive the CVT is becomes very smooth and a joy to drive. I did have the dreaded front dome light leak in April, i brought it in, they replaced a seal and after a record breaking amount of rainfall over the summer I have not had any other problems with it. Once the CVT gets broken in a little, gas mileage improves. I now average about 25.5 on the highway (on long trips) and 22+ city. Pretty good for a 4x4.
Favorite Features
Exterior design, 17" wheels, new interior, amazing stereo, very good gas mileage. I highly recommend upgrading to a limited. The leather/heated seats are great, stereo is amazing and sunroof is nice.
Suggested Improvements
Wish it had a bigger gas tank. Would be nice if the original tires were better. The firestone affinity tires are light on thread and won't last long.