Used 2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Most Helpful|
Great car..... So far
By Fred

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have 5500 miles on it and it averages about 25mpg all around. We bought the Limited FWD with the sun roof... and yep it leaked. We took it back to the dealer and they replaced it. Hope that fixed it. Drives great, fun to drive and looks good. We got the extended warranty (Max) thought it a good deal. All in all its been a great car.. gets down the road great.

Favorite Features

The tranny works great (CVT), color (Red) is really pretty. Good MPG, and handles good..

Suggested Improvements

Needs a full time 12V out let for Cell Phones, Maybe electric seats.

Smart buy
By Like a rock

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The jeep patriot is a pleasure to own and drive for the price. I drive a lot for my job and the gas mileage is great from 28 mpg to 31 mpg. I have a 5 speed stick and its fun to drive and great in the snow. It has 31,000 miles not one issue the quality is there. I drove cr-v, rav4, the Jeep won, 31,000 miles later no regrets.

Favorite Features

gas mileage cool classic look

Suggested Improvements

fit and finish

Bought as a cheap ride, but it's much better
By arlobigwater

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Traded under Cash for Clunkers and got one of the few Sport models with the 22 package and the Trail Rated Freedom Drive II. That's the upgraded CVT. This vehicle is MUCH better thought out than I expected. I have dragged boulders for landscaping, taken it off road, towed a small cargo trailer, and commuted in all weather conditions. I am in CO, and we have had some ferocious snow. This thing is better in snow in some ways than my LR3. It bombs up and down fire roads and climbs obstacles like a champ. It gets about 24 MPG. No rattles, leaks, thumps or whistles. If you need a cheap small SUV with decent off road ability and MPG, but still is smooth enough to commute in, this is the de

Favorite Features

FD II off road capability, snow handling, cargo capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Gas tank is too small. Really too small.

Great so far
By Greg

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had it since it for about 9 months now and so far love it, got it with sunroof and speed control. Is very fun to drive and very stable. I read some of the other reviews and agree with some but some others do not agree. The gas tank is too small (I agree), Roomy is yes, there is a delay when you put in gear before it engages. It being to low to the ground, No, it is prefect. The sounds system is great. Have not really noticed the seat adjustment be to far in or out. The 17" wheels have very good traction even with a 2 wheel drive.

Favorite Features

Most everything.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to be able to mix and match add- in's, like I wanted to get the built- in GPS and not the leather seats.

I'm a Jeep fan now
By will4everownajeep

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I went to purchase a 2008 use Jeep Pat (drove 2 and a half hours because I found a good deal through a dealership online) but got there only to find out they had sold it 10 minutes before I got there. Ended up buying the 2009 Pat, it little bit more than I was wanting to spend but I'm so glad I did. The interior is much nicer on the 2009. The great gas mileage and size were what attracted me to the Patriot. I wanted a small SUV with 4 wheel drive that wasn't a gas sucker. My whole family is GMC all the way, always has been, but I believe I will never own anything but a Jeep again. I love my Patriot!

Favorite Features

Super comfortable seats, smooth ride, sliding armrest in front and amazing gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

Horrible blind spot on driver's side