Used 2009 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

2009 Jeep Patriot

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Best Vehicle I've Ever Bought
By IF Big Sky

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Can't brag enough about what a great purchase this was. The price was terrific. The fuel economy is outstanding. It's a Jeep. I feel safe using it on my long weekly commute in the harsh winter climate of Montana. I use it for work and it is a very professional sharp looking vehicle that doesn't scream obnoxious wealth. I can't believe the nation isn't gobbling these American made fuel efficient good looking vehicles up.

Exterior look. Second row comfort for knees. Reclining second row seats.

market this vehicle more. My local dealership said they won't carry them because they didn't like them. I had to travel 120 miles to get one from a dealership that sells a lot of them.

When it rains, it pours
By Christina

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our brand new 2009 Jeep Patriot in July of 09. A month later we had a horrible rain storm. The rear dome light proceeded to fill up with water and leak into the cargo area. In total we have had it back in the shop 4 times-Jeep cannot fix this problem. I will never buy a Jeep again. Don't get me wrong I love this little SUV and would drive it into the ground if it wasn't for this leak. Jeep just cannot pinpoint the area of the leak and has tried everything. Needless to say we are using the Lemon Law and will not ever buy another Jeep product.

radio/cd player set up, spaciousness, large mirrors

Fix the leaks!

Great Jeep!
By afmcronnie

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This Jeep has performed flawlessly. The FD1 4x4 package is more than adequate for driving in moderate snow or for use on primitive roads. The ride is great, a little stiff, but it IS an SUV. The interior is well thought out, with the exception of the cup holders, which are invisible at night. The 110 volt outlet is especially handy. The cargo area is good sized, as long as you are only hauling groceries or light cargo, like camping equipment. You can fit 2 lawnmowers in it and still close the hatch. The engine is responsive and economical, as long as you leave the CVT in Auto mode. The ESP program allows you to ignore the 4-Lock option and concentrate on driving in foul weather.

The squared off lines and boxy styling remind me of a classic older model Cherokee. The optional Boston Acoustics stereo system sounds outstanding. The Optional 17" aluminum rims and Goodyear Wrangler SR/A tires offer good traction in rain and snow. The power sunroof has an express open and close.

Lighted cupholders. Standard crossbars for the luggage rack. Colored fender flares.

my 4th Patriot
By tom polcari phd

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm on my 52nd Chrysler product and of those, 4 were Jeep Patriots. Good gas mileage, even in the city. Ride is good, with plenty of interior space. Patriots went thru numerous improvements for 2009- interior design, noise levels, ride upgrades, etc. this year alone, I've had the orange and the black- one of. my favorite recent Chrysler products. Today. I may buy a Jeep Compass which is the Patriot's upscale cousin.

Ride, fuel economy, seamless transmission, build quality, looks....

One of Fiat's great new engines with even greater performance and economy...

I love my Patriot
By Michael in MT

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland on this Patriot. I love the old Jeep but, the gas mileage was killing me so I was looking for a smaller SUV. I get 27mpg reliably on the highway and I occasionally get as high as 30mpg on the highway. My Patriot is fun to drive and feels solid on and off road. Wintery drivng is a pleasure with this Jeep - it actually is more effective in snow than my Grand Cherokee. I love the looks of my Jeep, I feel like I am driving a Jeep and not a minivan - like some of the other smaller SUV's in the same class. I only with that the interior was a bit more refined, though, it is a Jeep afterall and the interior suits the vehicle's heritage and purpose.

The many safety features, I like the CVT now that I am used to it and the excellent gas mileage. The Patriot has plenty of pickup - it will climb all of the MT mountain passes 80mph with little effort.

A more refined interior would be preferred. Some additional sound insulation would also be beneficial. The engine runs great and has plenty of pep but it can be a bit noisy when it is laboring .