Used 2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

By Larry

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Good small family SUV . Was in a major accident in this vehicle. Totaled the Jeep But everyone walked away with only minor injuries.

Little Jeep that could
By ffcat128@aol.com

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Patriot for a year now I love it. We have 26 inches of snow this past winter. My husband's Silverado got stuck and he used my jeep to get to work. He said he had no issues and the thing drove through the snow like nothing. I live in Pittsburgh so this thing is tested on pot holes and 12 inches of water on the ground. It has never given me a problem.

I love the four wheel drive for anyone that lives in a snow belt its great to have. I rarely used it cause this thing does well in 2 wheel.

The only thing I would change is the stupid child belt in the middle of the back seat that you can not remove. It drives me nuts when I have three adults in the back seat and only two seat belts.

Most dependable.
By irieco

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very dependable. Haven't had a single thing go wrong in two years. No wonder it came with a lifetime power-train warranty. I paid way less than the sticker price so it's a super value.

CVT transmission.

Greater towing capacity.

I Made The Switch from Honda to Jeep
By Kenn

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So I had a 2003 Honda Element which was extremely reliable. It never died stalled or stuttered during its 4 years of service. I made the move to the Jeep Patriot because they were giving them away and my Honda was not attractive anymore. The interior had been trashed by me and my 5 year old. I am a Realtor so I do a ton of driving. I needed a car that was reliable and better on gas than the Honda. I read nothing but positive reviews from owners of the 2009 Jeep Patriot. I have driven mine for 2000 miles and I love it! It is a great car. It gets amazing gas mileage. It is spacious on the inside. The storage is just okay but the interior looks ago. I love the exterior style for this car.

Gas mileage, price, reliability and exterior looks.

The backseats are not very comfortable for adults.

my first jeep
By mollysmommie

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just traded my 2005 dodge neon in for my 2009 jeep patriot. I test drove it all day because I loved it so much I didn't want to give it back to the dealer!!! It isn't a huge suv for a small girl, but was still everything I need and want in a reliable vehicle. I love the bright blue color, i get a lot of compliments on the color and it drives soo smooth! all around great car for my money. my husband wants one now too!!! I love my patriot. it is ready to start a family in it. perfect for a 23 year old that travels pretty far to work everyday.

color, interior, comfy seating