Used 2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Most dependable.
By irieco

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very dependable. Haven't had a single thing go wrong in two years. No wonder it came with a lifetime power-train warranty. I paid way less than the sticker price so it's a super value.

CVT transmission.

Greater towing capacity.

I Made The Switch from Honda to Jeep
By Kenn

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So I had a 2003 Honda Element which was extremely reliable. It never died stalled or stuttered during its 4 years of service. I made the move to the Jeep Patriot because they were giving them away and my Honda was not attractive anymore. The interior had been trashed by me and my 5 year old. I am a Realtor so I do a ton of driving. I needed a car that was reliable and better on gas than the Honda. I read nothing but positive reviews from owners of the 2009 Jeep Patriot. I have driven mine for 2000 miles and I love it! It is a great car. It gets amazing gas mileage. It is spacious on the inside. The storage is just okay but the interior looks ago. I love the exterior style for this car.

Gas mileage, price, reliability and exterior looks.

The backseats are not very comfortable for adults.

my first jeep
By mollysmommie

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just traded my 2005 dodge neon in for my 2009 jeep patriot. I test drove it all day because I loved it so much I didn't want to give it back to the dealer!!! It isn't a huge suv for a small girl, but was still everything I need and want in a reliable vehicle. I love the bright blue color, i get a lot of compliments on the color and it drives soo smooth! all around great car for my money. my husband wants one now too!!! I love my patriot. it is ready to start a family in it. perfect for a 23 year old that travels pretty far to work everyday.

color, interior, comfy seating

Best Vehicle I've Ever Bought
By IF Big Sky

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Can't brag enough about what a great purchase this was. The price was terrific. The fuel economy is outstanding. It's a Jeep. I feel safe using it on my long weekly commute in the harsh winter climate of Montana. I use it for work and it is a very professional sharp looking vehicle that doesn't scream obnoxious wealth. I can't believe the nation isn't gobbling these American made fuel efficient good looking vehicles up.

Exterior look. Second row comfort for knees. Reclining second row seats.

market this vehicle more. My local dealership said they won't carry them because they didn't like them. I had to travel 120 miles to get one from a dealership that sells a lot of them.

When it rains, it pours
By Christina

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our brand new 2009 Jeep Patriot in July of 09. A month later we had a horrible rain storm. The rear dome light proceeded to fill up with water and leak into the cargo area. In total we have had it back in the shop 4 times-Jeep cannot fix this problem. I will never buy a Jeep again. Don't get me wrong I love this little SUV and would drive it into the ground if it wasn't for this leak. Jeep just cannot pinpoint the area of the leak and has tried everything. Needless to say we are using the Lemon Law and will not ever buy another Jeep product.

radio/cd player set up, spaciousness, large mirrors

Fix the leaks!