2009 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Fun Utility Vehicle!
By 4X4-Roxy on 07/27/09 16:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Patriot with the help of Cash for Clunkers and an additional incentive offered by the manufacturer. We jumped on the deal the day the program started and am surprised at happy I am with it. It's quiet, comfortable, good all-season driver, and is great for taking our great dane places. Our other vehicle is a performance car and makes this one feel sluggish nor is it quite as fun to drive. But, it's not designed for speed. However, we have no problem driving in the hilly northwest, we don't have to floor it to go uphill.

A lot of BANG for little $$$
By GEG on 07/16/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Living Houston, and the horrible commutes to and from work, this little Jeep does pretty well with an average of 19.8 mpg. Even though it is a little sluggish from a stop it is a very light and responsive vehicle that really climbs up the speedometer fast! The roominess of the cabin great and sits comfortably with plenty of leg room to spare. The Life Time warranty on the power train is the best around. The in-dash compass and audible signals for gas and oil change are handy. The Sirius radio, navigation system, Blue Tooth, etc… in this device are very nice additions in “creature features”. It has a “Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat” which really shimmers in the sunlight. Very nice Jeep!

Great choice-1st Jeep
By m. coon on 07/07/09 09:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For my first Jeep, I am very satisfied with my choice. This SUV does well with the mpg's and is sharp looking too. The ride is comfortable and the interior is spacious. The cargo area is a little small, but manageable. I think if you are looking for an SUV that is economical...this is it!

Excellent Vehicle!
By TPS on 06/25/09 07:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Got my '09 Patriot 4WD and love it. The CVT transmission is peppy, and the vehicle handles my bumpy twisty back roads wonderfully. It's sure-footed in foul weather, and really well-equipped for the price ($5-7K less than comparably equipped CRV or Forester, + LIFETIME powertrain warranty!) I'm happy with my Pat! If you're in the market, put it on your must drive list.

Love it
By Mike on 06/20/09 12:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Patriot is the ideal 4x4 with good MPG. I got the Freedom Drive II and still get 22-25 MPG depending on driving habits - the car is roomy, the leather is great and the uConnect Navigation radio fantastic. I could not be happier with the car, the interior design and the looks. The car inspires me. I tested the Subaru Forester, Imreza and Legacy as well as the VW Tiguan. My Patriot is American made, handles as well, does not require premium gas and is as "luxurious". The attention to detail is apparent in the 2009 model. I love the 110 Volt outlet - for Kids and charging stuff. I upgraded to the hitch for bike accessories. Hopefully I'll never need the extra safety features or the Jeep.

Love It
By Mike on 06/14/09 21:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been dreaming about owning a fuel efficient trail rated Jeep and along came the Patriot Freedom Dive II. I have prior tested the VW Tiguan, Subaru Forester, Outback and Impreza, Honda CRV as well as Toyota Highlander, RAV4. I own a Nissan Pathfinder LE 2001 and wanted something smaller. The Patriot fits the bill. It is fun to drive, easy to handle and well built inside and out. The materials are great. The navigation system and uConnect phone are fantastic, the satellite radio and iPod controls are amazing. I love the permanent AWD system which can be locked into 4x4 and 4x4 low. I can't wait for winter to update my review. I bought Jeep despite the crisis - Jeep will likely live.

1st Jeep
By Melissa on 05/17/09 15:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently switched from a Pontiac G6 to a Jeep Patriot. I love it. I am going to be on my own soon and needed something to cart my dogs around in easier. The Patriot drives great, handles well, and is extremely comfortable. It seems small when looking at it from the outside, but there is tons of room inside. My dad, who is 6ft tall, fits with plenty of room to spare. Its been hard going from a sports car to a SUV, but I am happy with my switch, I do not regret this decision at all.

Best Small SUV
By FirstJeep on 05/06/09 18:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the BEST small 4X4 SUV around. With its pure Jeep look to the new interior for 2009. It has CHARACTER compare to the others, but this SUV have to be driven to understand why it is better than its' competitors. It handles well in city & highway driving. With its 4x4, traction control, EBD, Hill decent control, & Electronic Roll Mitigation, you can be safe in any driving situation If you are looking for a small 4x4, take a test drive, compare it to CRVs, RAV4s & others; sure you will be sold on the Patriot.

No Problems So far
By Whizzer on 04/20/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had My Patriot for 2 months now and have had no complaints. Handling is a little vague at times and I am still getting used to the blind spot. However it is reliable, comfortable to drive and easy to maneuver. I am averaging about 25 mpg in combination city highway driving. The 4WD does handle well in the snow and I like the stability, traction control and airbag safety features. It is a basic SUV but it serves its purpose and makes a good second car. I would buy another one

What a Surprise
By sanpedrodave on 04/11/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Jeep Patriot with the World 2.0 liter engine and I am very surprised at the performance of this small engine. This little engine packs 158 horses and Chrysler has slapped a lifetime warranty on the power train. Yes, you heard me right, a life time warranty! The body looks and feels solid and has the traditional Jeep line, although not as sexy looking as the Compass. My only complaint is not having the back hatch window open separately in order to load my lumber from the home improvement stores. Lastly this SUV came with a lot of standard such as electronic tilt control, 4 air bag, security key, and many other features. I was proud to buy American on this one. Good Luck Jeep!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jeep Patriot Suv in VA is:

$120 per month*