2009 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
my first jeep
By mollysmommie on 03/04/10 16:38 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just traded my 2005 dodge neon in for my 2009 jeep patriot. I test drove it all day because I loved it so much I didn't want to give it back to the dealer!!! It isn't a huge suv for a small girl, but was still everything I need and want in a reliable vehicle. I love the bright blue color, i get a lot of compliments on the color and it drives soo smooth! all around great car for my money. my husband wants one now too!!! I love my patriot. it is ready to start a family in it. perfect for a 23 year old that travels pretty far to work everyday.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Bought
By IF Big Sky on 12/27/09 08:57 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Can't brag enough about what a great purchase this was. The price was terrific. The fuel economy is outstanding. It's a Jeep. I feel safe using it on my long weekly commute in the harsh winter climate of Montana. I use it for work and it is a very professional sharp looking vehicle that doesn't scream obnoxious wealth. I can't believe the nation isn't gobbling these American made fuel efficient good looking vehicles up.

When it rains, it pours
By Christina on 12/25/09 14:34 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our brand new 2009 Jeep Patriot in July of 09. A month later we had a horrible rain storm. The rear dome light proceeded to fill up with water and leak into the cargo area. In total we have had it back in the shop 4 times-Jeep cannot fix this problem. I will never buy a Jeep again. Don't get me wrong I love this little SUV and would drive it into the ground if it wasn't for this leak. Jeep just cannot pinpoint the area of the leak and has tried everything. Needless to say we are using the Lemon Law and will not ever buy another Jeep product.

Great Jeep!
By afmcronnie on 12/12/09 19:55 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This Jeep has performed flawlessly. The FD1 4x4 package is more than adequate for driving in moderate snow or for use on primitive roads. The ride is great, a little stiff, but it IS an SUV. The interior is well thought out, with the exception of the cup holders, which are invisible at night. The 110 volt outlet is especially handy. The cargo area is good sized, as long as you are only hauling groceries or light cargo, like camping equipment. You can fit 2 lawnmowers in it and still close the hatch. The engine is responsive and economical, as long as you leave the CVT in Auto mode. The ESP program allows you to ignore the 4-Lock option and concentrate on driving in foul weather.

my 4th Patriot
By tom polcari phd on 12/12/09 10:17 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm on my 52nd Chrysler product and of those, 4 were Jeep Patriots. Good gas mileage, even in the city. Ride is good, with plenty of interior space. Patriots went thru numerous improvements for 2009- interior design, noise levels, ride upgrades, etc. this year alone, I've had the orange and the black- one of. my favorite recent Chrysler products. Today. I may buy a Jeep Compass which is the Patriot's upscale cousin.

I love my Patriot
By Michael in MT on 11/25/09 20:13 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland on this Patriot. I love the old Jeep but, the gas mileage was killing me so I was looking for a smaller SUV. I get 27mpg reliably on the highway and I occasionally get as high as 30mpg on the highway. My Patriot is fun to drive and feels solid on and off road. Wintery drivng is a pleasure with this Jeep - it actually is more effective in snow than my Grand Cherokee. I love the looks of my Jeep, I feel like I am driving a Jeep and not a minivan - like some of the other smaller SUV's in the same class. I only with that the interior was a bit more refined, though, it is a Jeep afterall and the interior suits the vehicle's heritage and purpose.

9 month update
By Luganathan on 10/17/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Have now owned my Patriot for nine months. This vehicle is better than expected. Drives much better than my previous vehicle with was a Forester. The new interior design on the 09 really makes you feel like your driving a luxury crossover. Once you learn how to drive the CVT is becomes very smooth and a joy to drive. I did have the dreaded front dome light leak in April, i brought it in, they replaced a seal and after a record breaking amount of rainfall over the summer I have not had any other problems with it. Once the CVT gets broken in a little, gas mileage improves. I now average about 25.5 on the highway (on long trips) and 22+ city. Pretty good for a 4x4.

Great so far
By Greg on 10/01/09 16:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had it since it for about 9 months now and so far love it, got it with sunroof and speed control. Is very fun to drive and very stable. I read some of the other reviews and agree with some but some others do not agree. The gas tank is too small (I agree), Roomy is yes, there is a delay when you put in gear before it engages. It being to low to the ground, No, it is prefect. The sounds system is great. Have not really noticed the seat adjustment be to far in or out. The 17" wheels have very good traction even with a 2 wheel drive.

Great car..... So far
By Fred on 09/26/09 07:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have 5500 miles on it and it averages about 25mpg all around. We bought the Limited FWD with the sun roof... and yep it leaked. We took it back to the dealer and they replaced it. Hope that fixed it. Drives great, fun to drive and looks good. We got the extended warranty (Max) thought it a good deal. All in all its been a great car.. gets down the road great.

Very Happy so far
By Jean on 09/24/09 05:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been buying Toyota's for many years now. This is my first American car. I have test drove a few other SUV before buying this jeep. I tested the Volkswagen Tiguan, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Mitsubishi Outlander and the Suburu Forester. All theses SUV have great 4x4's. The Honda element and CRV have weak 4x4 system and the RAV4 is too narrow inside for my big stature. So it came down to the Outlander and the Jeep. Well it turn out that the Outlander and the Patriot have the same CVT transmission and motor (2.4l)called the "World Motor" design by Chrysler/Mitsubishi and Hyundai. I decided on the Jeep because handle bump's a little better I tough than the Outlander. More quiet inside too.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jeep Patriot Suv in VA is:

$122 per month*