Used 2009 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Excellent Value, Safe, and Reliable
By Frank

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

GREAT buy. Very safe, great MPG (28 Hwy with the stick), good looking, very inexpensive. Have had for 3 years, 35K miles, absolutely no issues. Even the tires are still in great shape!

reliability, gas mileage, low sticker price, lifetime powertrain warranty,safety, great in Wisconsin winter weather

wish the back seats folded down in sections, that's about it

Read this if you want the truth
By arlo

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Jeep is a year and a half old and I wish I never bought. I thought I was buying a well made American vehicle but I was wrong. I am now getting my tie rods replaced my front interior light leaks water my driver side window was stuck down and my antifreeze hose was leaking. I am very dissatisfied with my purchase. I will be contacting corporate.

the leaking light and the tie rods

Trouble, Stay Away!
By mottea97

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It is a great car until it started to leak from the rear dome light. No one at Chrysler can seem to figure out why. It has been to the Dealer 5 time and the leak still occurs, not to mention the horrid brake scream that has been cleaned 3 times and returns. Great on space, Seats need work and form fitting for comfort. The 2.4L engine is way underpowered for moving a vehicle like that. Sometimes you have to pray that the car will make it passing and not end up in an accident.

Cargo space, and ride comfort for being a jeep.

Find a solution to the stupid reoccurring water leak, Find a higher HP engine that is meant to move a car that weight, maybe a small 2.5L 6 cylinder would do it good

I'm a Jeep fan now
By will4everownajeep

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I went to purchase a 2008 use Jeep Pat (drove 2 and a half hours because I found a good deal through a dealership online) but got there only to find out they had sold it 10 minutes before I got there. Ended up buying the 2009 Pat, it little bit more than I was wanting to spend but I'm so glad I did. The interior is much nicer on the 2009. The great gas mileage and size were what attracted me to the Patriot. I wanted a small SUV with 4 wheel drive that wasn't a gas sucker. My whole family is GMC all the way, always has been, but I believe I will never own anything but a Jeep again. I love my Patriot!

Super comfortable seats, smooth ride, sliding armrest in front and amazing gas mileage!

Horrible blind spot on driver's side

Smart buy
By Like a rock

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The jeep patriot is a pleasure to own and drive for the price. I drive a lot for my job and the gas mileage is great from 28 mpg to 31 mpg. I have a 5 speed stick and its fun to drive and great in the snow. It has 31,000 miles not one issue the quality is there. I drove cr-v, rav4, the Jeep won, 31,000 miles later no regrets.

gas mileage cool classic look

fit and finish