2009 Patriot 4x4
By frogman on
2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my Patriot Sport 2 months ago and am very pleased with the vehicle. I get about 28 to 29 MPG on the highway and average 25 overall. I waited until the 2009s were available before purchasing since I was hoping Jeep would change the interior. I am so happy that I did - the interior dash is so much more refined than the 07-08! I did buy the manual because I like manuals, wanted the better mileage, better pickup and lower cost. I'm glad I did. I never did drive the CV automatic. The vehicle is amazing in the snow without even locking in the 4x4 (I live in Wisconsin). It is even nicer getting around town in the snow than my 1996 Grand Cherokee was. Overall this is a great Jeep.
Favorite Features
New dash. The way it gets around in the snow and offroad to my cabin. Overall the way it drives on the highway and in town. Mileage is pretty good too. I am also real pleased that it can tow my small sailboats and utility trailers.
Suggested Improvements
I would have liked to be able to get a plastic bumper down the side of the doors for all the idiots in the parking lots who don't know how to open their doors. I would have ordered a sun roof but did not want to buy the package with the upgraded radio. I am not a teenager anymore.