2009 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews 2

2009 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Excellent Value, Safe, and Reliable
By Frank on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

GREAT buy. Very safe, great MPG (28 Hwy with the stick), good looking, very inexpensive. Have had for 3 years, 35K miles, absolutely no issues. Even the tires are still in great shape!

Read this if you want the truth
By arlo on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Jeep is a year and a half old and I wish I never bought. I thought I was buying a well made American vehicle but I was wrong. I am now getting my tie rods replaced my front interior light leaks water my driver side window was stuck down and my antifreeze hose was leaking. I am very dissatisfied with my purchase. I will be contacting corporate.

Trouble, Stay Away!
By mottea97 on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It is a great car until it started to leak from the rear dome light. No one at Chrysler can seem to figure out why. It has been to the Dealer 5 time and the leak still occurs, not to mention the horrid brake scream that has been cleaned 3 times and returns. Great on space, Seats need work and form fitting for comfort. The 2.4L engine is way underpowered for moving a vehicle like that. Sometimes you have to pray that the car will make it passing and not end up in an accident.

I'm a Jeep fan now
By will4everownajeep on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I went to purchase a 2008 use Jeep Pat (drove 2 and a half hours because I found a good deal through a dealership online) but got there only to find out they had sold it 10 minutes before I got there. Ended up buying the 2009 Pat, it little bit more than I was wanting to spend but I'm so glad I did. The interior is much nicer on the 2009. The great gas mileage and size were what attracted me to the Patriot. I wanted a small SUV with 4 wheel drive that wasn't a gas sucker. My whole family is GMC all the way, always has been, but I believe I will never own anything but a Jeep again. I love my Patriot!

Smart buy
By Like a rock on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The jeep patriot is a pleasure to own and drive for the price. I drive a lot for my job and the gas mileage is great from 28 mpg to 31 mpg. I have a 5 speed stick and its fun to drive and great in the snow. It has 31,000 miles not one issue the quality is there. I drove cr-v, rav4, the Jeep won, 31,000 miles later no regrets.

My Lil Jeep
By Mike Q on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Patriot, because I needed more room. I had a std cab Ford Ranger, and my two boys and myself were filling it up. I'm a Assistant Scoutmaster of a Boy Scout troop and we camp and hike a lot. This will work perfect for our outings. I wished that I would have gotten a 4wd but I think this will work perfectly either way.

Great Buy
By Trader Rick on 09/07/10 13:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

14 months and 18,000 miles after purchase I have no regrets. The patriot is a versatile vehicle that is good! On gas, in foll weather, on the purchase price and oddly enough ( resale value ) because its a Jeep. This Jeep is fun to drive to the local store and comfortable on a 500 mile trip. Avg. 23 to 27 mpg. With the 2.4 engine and CVT trans. Before purchase I also drove, cr-v, rav4 and Forester. The patriot was the hardest to take back and when I did I bought it. No regrets.

By Larry on 08/20/10 00:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Good small family SUV . Was in a major accident in this vehicle. Totaled the Jeep But everyone walked away with only minor injuries.

Little Jeep that could
By ffcat128@aol.com on 06/07/10 17:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Patriot for a year now I love it. We have 26 inches of snow this past winter. My husband's Silverado got stuck and he used my jeep to get to work. He said he had no issues and the thing drove through the snow like nothing. I live in Pittsburgh so this thing is tested on pot holes and 12 inches of water on the ground. It has never given me a problem.

Most dependable.
By irieco on 05/30/10 16:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very dependable. Haven't had a single thing go wrong in two years. No wonder it came with a lifetime power-train warranty. I paid way less than the sticker price so it's a super value.