2009 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!
By xerxes27 on 09/07/13 07:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new. It has been very gently driven, never off road, never in an accident and well maintained. I was very happy with it until it recently began making creaking noises. The dealer has informed me my 4 1/2 year old car with 72,000 miles needs struts, mounts, sway bar links, lower control arms, ball joints, rear toe links, and a front end alignment. Their estimate is $2090!!! The suspension should have lasted longer than this. I am heartbroken. This will be the last American made vehicle I own.

Frustrated!!!
By jstacy0320 on 03/29/11 07:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Patriot for almost two years and am extremely aggravated. After having it for three months I started to experience trouble. I would be sitting at a stoplight waiting for it to change green and the car would start to sputter and act like it was going to die. Several times it did actually die. I took it to the dealership and was told that I had trash in the gas tank and it wasn't covered under warranty. Paid close to $300 for that and continue to have the same problem. I also have problems with the sunroof leaking. I've had it in the shop three times for that problem and continue to have issues. Probably going to file Lemon law because of all the issues.

A nice go anywhere Jeep Patriot
By springbranch on 01/08/11 21:06 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2.4 L 5-speed manual 4x4 Jeep Patriot is the most fun that I have had with any vehicle. Mine has 25,000 miles on it now, and they have been very fun miles. I had it up to its floorboards in both mud and sand, and it pulled itself out every time. I haul a 16.5 foot Lowe bass boat with it, and the four wheel drive does such a nice job on boat ramps. It is funny to see larger vehicles having trouble pulling up the ramps when my little jeep does it right now! This is a best buy vehicle, you cannot get a 4x4 with the capabilty of the Patriot unless you pay many thousands of dollars more. The Patriot is easy on the environment with its impressive gasoline mileage, I get 25 to 30 mpg.

Excellent Value, Safe, and Reliable
By Frank on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

GREAT buy. Very safe, great MPG (28 Hwy with the stick), good looking, very inexpensive. Have had for 3 years, 35K miles, absolutely no issues. Even the tires are still in great shape!

Read this if you want the truth
By arlo on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Jeep is a year and a half old and I wish I never bought. I thought I was buying a well made American vehicle but I was wrong. I am now getting my tie rods replaced my front interior light leaks water my driver side window was stuck down and my antifreeze hose was leaking. I am very dissatisfied with my purchase. I will be contacting corporate.

Trouble, Stay Away!
By mottea97 on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It is a great car until it started to leak from the rear dome light. No one at Chrysler can seem to figure out why. It has been to the Dealer 5 time and the leak still occurs, not to mention the horrid brake scream that has been cleaned 3 times and returns. Great on space, Seats need work and form fitting for comfort. The 2.4L engine is way underpowered for moving a vehicle like that. Sometimes you have to pray that the car will make it passing and not end up in an accident.

Smart buy
By Like a rock on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The jeep patriot is a pleasure to own and drive for the price. I drive a lot for my job and the gas mileage is great from 28 mpg to 31 mpg. I have a 5 speed stick and its fun to drive and great in the snow. It has 31,000 miles not one issue the quality is there. I drove cr-v, rav4, the Jeep won, 31,000 miles later no regrets.

My Lil Jeep
By Mike Q on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Patriot, because I needed more room. I had a std cab Ford Ranger, and my two boys and myself were filling it up. I'm a Assistant Scoutmaster of a Boy Scout troop and we camp and hike a lot. This will work perfect for our outings. I wished that I would have gotten a 4wd but I think this will work perfectly either way.

Great Buy
By Trader Rick on 09/07/10 13:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

14 months and 18,000 miles after purchase I have no regrets. The patriot is a versatile vehicle that is good! On gas, in foll weather, on the purchase price and oddly enough ( resale value ) because its a Jeep. This Jeep is fun to drive to the local store and comfortable on a 500 mile trip. Avg. 23 to 27 mpg. With the 2.4 engine and CVT trans. Before purchase I also drove, cr-v, rav4 and Forester. The patriot was the hardest to take back and when I did I bought it. No regrets.

By Larry on 08/20/10 00:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Good small family SUV . Was in a major accident in this vehicle. Totaled the Jeep But everyone walked away with only minor injuries.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jeep Patriot Suv in VA is:

$120 per month*