2009 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
I'm tired of its bugginess.
By jeepgirl123 on 07/13/12 05:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love Jeep products and was excited to buy this car. I've had it for 3 years but the little things wrong are getting annoying. 1. Leaky moonroof. I've been to the dealer 5 times, but stopped going after the warranty ran out. Water pours from the dome light after it rains. They told me it is because I park under trees and the drain pipe is plugged. I gave up and now just keep a towel handy. 2. Stalls when its cold. I'll drive down the road and get to the stop sign. I'll try to go and the engine is completely shut off. It quietly shuts down. 3. Temperature display is stuck on 73 degrees. 4. Radio is completely dead when it gets really hot out. (No display at all)

patroit sunroof leaks even after 4 visits to the dealer
By trlist77 on 07/11/11 17:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2009 Partoit has a sunroof and leaks all the time. had it to the dealer 4 times prior to today and they said to stop parking by trees. Very poor customer service and the quality of this factory installed sunroof is unacceptable. Ours is a 2 wheel drive automatic model, but edmunds only thinks this model comes with a manual tranny.

Aggravated and disappointed!
By patty0011 on 03/20/11 19:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Jeep Patriot for 7 months and had an occuring problem. It only happens occasionally, and of course never when I take into the dealership. Often while waiting at a traffic light for the green light, my motor has a hesitation. "Meaning when I am at the light, foot on the break, the motor makes a noise and jumps like it is cutting off." I have to literally put the vehicle in park and wait for the light to turn, then put it in drive to go. Has anyone had this problem or know what it can be?

Great car..... So far
By Fred on 09/26/09 07:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have 5500 miles on it and it averages about 25mpg all around. We bought the Limited FWD with the sun roof... and yep it leaked. We took it back to the dealer and they replaced it. Hope that fixed it. Drives great, fun to drive and looks good. We got the extended warranty (Max) thought it a good deal. All in all its been a great car.. gets down the road great.

ok so far
By gisco48 on 08/29/09 17:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a tendency get into the gas a little. I'm not sure the cvt can take it. After a few quick starts, I could smell rubber burning. Fortunately, guarantee is lifetime. I've backed off the gas lately, afraid to kill this tranny in a few months. I would like to hear from other's that hit the gas a little, and have the Patriot with the cvt.

A lot of BANG for little $$$
By GEG on 07/16/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Living Houston, and the horrible commutes to and from work, this little Jeep does pretty well with an average of 19.8 mpg. Even though it is a little sluggish from a stop it is a very light and responsive vehicle that really climbs up the speedometer fast! The roominess of the cabin great and sits comfortably with plenty of leg room to spare. The Life Time warranty on the power train is the best around. The in-dash compass and audible signals for gas and oil change are handy. The Sirius radio, navigation system, Blue Tooth, etc… in this device are very nice additions in “creature features”. It has a “Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat” which really shimmers in the sunlight. Very nice Jeep!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jeep Patriot Suv in VA is:

$110 per month*