Used 2009 Jeep Patriot Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

I'm tired of its bugginess.
By jeepgirl123

2009 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love Jeep products and was excited to buy this car. I've had it for 3 years but the little things wrong are getting annoying. 1. Leaky moonroof. I've been to the dealer 5 times, but stopped going after the warranty ran out. Water pours from the dome light after it rains. They told me it is because I park under trees and the drain pipe is plugged. I gave up and now just keep a towel handy. 2. Stalls when its cold. I'll drive down the road and get to the stop sign. I'll try to go and the engine is completely shut off. It quietly shuts down. 3. Temperature display is stuck on 73 degrees. 4. Radio is completely dead when it gets really hot out. (No display at all)

I love how comfortable and roomy the car is. I've taken it camping and across country on a road trip. The car is fun to drive! I got the high end sound system and music sounds amazing! I do LOVE this car (except for the few bugs).

Fix the issues. I see the other reviews and I know that this is a design flaw or factory build issue. Can I expect a recall? Please?

patroit sunroof leaks even after 4 visits to the dealer
By trlist77

2009 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2009 Partoit has a sunroof and leaks all the time. had it to the dealer 4 times prior to today and they said to stop parking by trees. Very poor customer service and the quality of this factory installed sunroof is unacceptable. Ours is a 2 wheel drive automatic model, but edmunds only thinks this model comes with a manual tranny.

very nice fair weather vehicle. keep it out of the rain and out of the snow.

get one without the sunroof.

Aggravated and disappointed!
By patty0011

2009 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Jeep Patriot for 7 months and had an occuring problem. It only happens occasionally, and of course never when I take into the dealership. Often while waiting at a traffic light for the green light, my motor has a hesitation. "Meaning when I am at the light, foot on the break, the motor makes a noise and jumps like it is cutting off." I have to literally put the vehicle in park and wait for the light to turn, then put it in drive to go. Has anyone had this problem or know what it can be?

Better gas mileage, and power seats.

Great car..... So far
By Fred

2009 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have 5500 miles on it and it averages about 25mpg all around. We bought the Limited FWD with the sun roof... and yep it leaked. We took it back to the dealer and they replaced it. Hope that fixed it. Drives great, fun to drive and looks good. We got the extended warranty (Max) thought it a good deal. All in all its been a great car.. gets down the road great.

The tranny works great (CVT), color (Red) is really pretty. Good MPG, and handles good..

Needs a full time 12V out let for Cell Phones, Maybe electric seats.

ok so far
By gisco48

2009 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a tendency get into the gas a little. I'm not sure the cvt can take it. After a few quick starts, I could smell rubber burning. Fortunately, guarantee is lifetime. I've backed off the gas lately, afraid to kill this tranny in a few months. I would like to hear from other's that hit the gas a little, and have the Patriot with the cvt.

We'll see how this tranny holds up to a driver that needs fast acceleration for turnpike mergers and getting fast takeoff at red lights.